Rogue community not mad enough

If the powers that be buff Assassination or Subtlety enough to get pvp kills I can deal with odd, seemingly unnecessary GCD delays on Eviscerate and other ability casts/hard work to survive/execution of rotations. If its remains hard work to do damage AND the damage is sub par, Ill stick with MM or something else with favorable tuning. I want Rogue to be good to have a break from MM.

1 Like

1.) Of all classes and roles, rogue is the least played class in mythic+, so were already at a disadvantage.

2.) We have already left enough of a stink on the feedback forum to make it very known that something universally hated (losing acro) is unfairly punishing outlaw as an uptime spec with no range aoe abilities.

3.) Outlaw was already plagued with a plethora of (mostly stealth related) bugs before prepatch. Now that prepatch has hit, there are a few more happening, not to mention ones exlusive to beta. None of pre-prepatch bugs have been fixed.

It’s the same deal with the early/delayed access thing. No one threw a fit big enough to dissuade them, so they’ll continue to do it from here on out, except in rogue’s case no one has the energy to continue speaking out because the feeling of being ignored is exhausting. Between that and the extremely distracting bickering in the feedback forum going on between people who clearly don’t play the spec regularly is ridiculous and not helpful to the situation.

You might want to see Casualaddict’s recent post on the EU feedback forum. Reading it depressing because you know likely will not be given real attention because of how off topic that thread has been and how overworked the dev team probably is.

They have already built their “foundation” of these hero talents and aren’t going to go out of their way to rework or just delete them. Assa and sub are relatively functional, but outlaw has been frankly shafted and simply deleting them and giving us our old tierset in the talent tree would rectify a lot of this mess.

2 Likes

I have been playing with zero addons for the last few days. Outlaw feels nicer, but the numbers hit for way less. Sin hits harder but I’m constantly in an energy deficit. Sub makes my brain hurt.

It’s been years. Why can’t they make this work right?

2 Likes

Outlaw is a prisoner of RNG of RTB and will always be a low vibration spec punished for the potential highs while being reward for many valleys.

Assassination actually has a chance to shine again if they resolve a few key issues around the talent tree and the hero talents.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Outlaw hasnt had rtb be the source of bad RNG for a while. Again, third time I’ve seen you literally lying and having no clue on these threads. The apl doesnt consider the specific rolls when rerolling or KiR unless you dont have broadside before you KiR.

That is because Outlaw has no identity anymore. Legion Outlaw was focused on run throughs and BTE. Combat was focused on extra attacks and white damage.

3 Likes

But RTB is one it’s major weights against it. Blizzard has to balance it on the potential of having all five buffs at once, so Outlaw will always be inherently weaker until getting all five rolling.

3 Likes

damn i posted this like 3 weeks ago and never came back lol, got a lot of reading to do!

1 Like

Thats

This is exactly right. The potential of having 4-6 buffs is exactly how you balance the spec because you usually do have 4-6 buffs. On the contrary, I think youre confused on how powerful you are once you get 4-6 buffs either, your gameplay is just very very fluid since SNC, BS and TB really influence the feeling of your rotation. Yes, you obviously do more dam with more buffs, but its not as overbearing as I assume you think.

This is why the s3/4 tierset was so good. It removed almost all of the rng associated with RTB and gave the player immense control over their performance and needs to be put into the class tree. Outlaw’s output is strictly in the hands of the player. Bad players sandbag on outlaw and good ones thrive with its current interation because of the skill expression behind juggling buffs and managing cds.

i wrote this before the rework i believe or maybe not, but nice name, we both believe in wrecking ppl

1 Like

Same thing happened with Warriors taste for blood in MoP. Building high enough stacks while very low chance they were balanced around that and their ceiling was capped lower as a result.

Same thing is happening with Outlaw as it eats a penalty for a potential full buff roll.

1 Like

My issue is not eventually getting these buffs, but why we waste so much on RtB to get said buffs reliably, when they could’ve taken a page out of Combat’s wheelhouse and simply add these buffs during Outlaw’s uptime.

The random mechanic is redundant because you’re eliminating that element through all the Tier Sets and talents, when those things could be spent on better, more impactful talents.

3 Likes