Rogue community not mad enough

Where the hell is the rogue community? I have only seen a few post about TWW. I main a shaman and when they didnt give us a rework we spammed the forums, where is all the rogue playerbase and why are yall not furious at what is happening in TWW?

17 Likes

A mix of exhaustion of dealing with this for 3 expansions now, and a massive loss in player count for the class.

If you look at the RIO numbers for key rankings for the season, shamans have at minimum twice as many players, which adds up when talking about how few people actually communicate on platforms beyond the game. Just look up key world leaderboard for the classes and look at “all”. The numbers for the season are pretty telling.

We’ve been making a decent amount of noise considering the waning player count, even the discord has been pretty doomer-y about the changes. But most people saw the writing on the walls and started moving to different classes about a month ago.

21 Likes

Shamans have twice amount of players? thats actually crazy, i figured rogue was way more represented. It makes sense now. I figured mostly everyone would want to be a stealth annoying bastard even during nerfs, but i guess i got to play rogue too late and yall had enough and quit. They will listen though, most of shaman community didn’t believe in a rework but we made it happen, rogue community can def make it happen.

7 Likes

Yeah, Shamans have a very dedicated and vocal core playerbase, which I respect a lot. I was considering playing Enhance myself since Outlaw is getting dumpstered so hard in TWW.

If you want to see how bad it is, you definitely have to hop on Ravenholdt Discord and watch the chaos. I’m currently watching them doomer about how bad Outlaw is doing, as it’s doing less than tank damage in a lot of cases. On top of being just miserable to play.

The Rogue “devs” tend to listen to the Discord way more than official channels and they literally are ignoring feedback even there right now. It’s super impressive how little they give a damn.

12 Likes

I’ve been in the game on an off since vanilla. We simply always get nerfed. I went pvp only during Cata for that reason alone. Just business as usual. Back then the lead dev played a Hunter, he HATED rogues, and suddenly hunters were obliterating rogues. Ahh I remember the days when necroes and rogues were top deeps…

9 Likes

It is not going to help to be mad because BlizZard is forcing out an expansion that truly needed another month or two to cook.

The energy and focus should be on solutions moving forward rather than worrying about how they fumbled beta. Beta is basically over in another month.

Time to turn the page toward solutions, band aids, tweaks, etc.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

7 Likes

When the new job in FF14, Viper, is a better Rogue than Rogue, you know you done screwed up lol.

10 Likes

They are all playing other classes at this point. there are the few masochists who still enjoy punishing themselves by playing rogue, but at this point its about a month and a half away from being a dead class to the majority of the playerbase.

16 Likes

You’re talking about the least played class in the game. We’re here, there’s just oh so many of us to go around.

Welcome to our lives, it’s not uncommon for rogues to go into an expansion half baked. Being mad won’t do anything, at this point we’re mostly just depressed and coping

13 Likes

We will adapt like we always do but it hard when there are existing bugs.

Design features we do not agree with? We will adapt. Limitations with class talent choices We will adapt.

But it is hard to adapt when the Recuperator bug lingers for example. Personally I think it is a design feature if it has persisted this long. They should change the description of Recuperator so people know how that talent actually functions.

2 Likes

The community was calling for the firing of a dev, I think that there was an excessive amount of outrage and resignation to the state of rogues at this point is justified. Feedbacks fallen on deaf ears and we’ve seen 0 communication.

An attachment to a specific class that isn’t shaping up leaves us a few options:

1. Go to another class
  2. Continue playing a suboptimal class
  3. Don’t play the game or support Blizzard

If my friends are playing I’ll probably choose options 1 and 2, but that’d likely be the case regardless of the state of rogue anyway. The games only worth it with friends for me as it stands, I’ll deal with my favorite class being in a poor state since plenty of other classes look like they’ll be fun.

7 Likes

I think my guild is tired of hearing me complain about it at this point, enough that I’ve had a few offer to help protest if something got rolling. But, I doubt the entire community has enough momentum to create the noise to make Blizzard do anything.

We’re too late into the dev cycle at this rate and they’re pulling the whole “I don’t have to fix it if I don’t acknowledge it’s an issue” trick that they love doing with Rogue.

I just don’t understand how it’s acceptable to design something for a game, then completely ignore it but still charge people as if this is a finished product. Obviously, half of the specs needed more time and Rogue as a whole was left to be the odd-one-out of all the classes while Paladin and Mage got babied by the developers. Again.

5 Likes

I mean they are pretty mad in nearly all wow communities

3 Likes

Rogue is the least played class in the game by a very wide margin. To put things into perspective how few rogue remains, Ret Paladins on their own have 4x the population of the rogue class. While the second and third least played classes, DK and Evokers, have 2x and 2.5x times the population of rogues.

13 Likes

LIke I pointed out before the Rogue community is tiny and BlizZard aka NU BlizZArd heavily leans on data. So we can voice feedback about X and Y being wrong and how Z is better. But until their data shows them that they are not going to budge

So Rogue class design is very reactive rather than proactive.

5 Likes

All 20 rogues that still play have been voicing feedback and it’s mostly negative

10 Likes

Have you tried having a conversation with a brick wall? It’s pointless to get angry.

10 Likes

we’re just stealthily seething
we’re actually so mad we’ve quit the game entirely

8 Likes

Yet we play rogues. I’m dedicated to the class, but I’m OG. I have an account somewhere with an alliance rogue that was in full top end pvp gear too. But I’m the type that rolled horde back on the day because all the kids were playing “fun” classes and badly. Aka perma bubble pallies. That said in pvp doubles my best side kick was a resto pally, we were very hard to kill.

Horde for life. It takes a specific type of player to play a rogue, I’m just back and leveled back to 60 in an afternoon, now I’m doing dragonflight and the alliance is camping and corpse camping the beach quest area, I love that there are 10+ players trying to kill me actively but can’t. I sit and harass them just to prove rogues are still viable if you know how to play them.

We are not going away and frankly are some of the most versatile players on any server. This too shall pass. Everything is cheapened now, people play the easy classes because they aren’t good players and we can run circles around them, literally.

Gone are the days when I’d team up with 4-5 horse rogues and we’d kill all the npcs in Stormwind. Ahh the good old days…

2 Likes

Right here brother. I’ve been baked this last season and it makes it more fun lol. Helps leveling too, jumping around some classes in Remix to see what I might like. DH and warrior seem to be having a good time

1 Like