RNG for Rank 4 Essences (Unbound Force, Worldvein, Purification Protocol)

I agree. However, the Headless Horseman mount is obtainable next year. When BFA is gone … it’s gone… forever! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got all the rank 4 from paragons… but i haven’t got my snap dragon D:

RNG gonna RNG

2 Likes

You keep saying time limited where is your source that it is ?

True. Where is your source on the FoS being obtainable after BFA? Nobody knows! I am assuming worse case scenario. I am pretty sure I read that the FoS will still be obtainable in 8.3. This is another frustration I have with the lack of documentation on this FoS. Some FoS are available after the current content and some are not.

1 Like

I have several characters running islands expeditions that also have the rank 3 essence, I have never seen the rank 4 one drop.

There is no reason why they would limit this to one expansion. Most of it will be just as difficult in future expansions and it is just a title and an achievement anyway.

Plus has there actually ever been a time limited FoS that is RNG.

Oh I definitely understand your argument. BfA isn’t over yet though and it will probably be another year before it is. I’m sure Blizzard will start cranking the numbers up on the drops for the hard to get ones so that if you’re always grinding for them, they will eventually drop. They have unlucky streak prevention for things like that, it’s just a matter of them tuning it higher so that it happens within a reasonable amount of time.

I am not 100% sure they have BLP for paragon boxes. :frowning:

1 Like

I imagine we won’t be getting conflict and strife out of our PvP boxes next expansion therefore I strongly believe that this FoS is time limited.

I agree with what you are saying!

(Now working on Rustbolt Paragon box #25)

It appears that Rank 4 Essences will not “go away” in the next expansion. So according to this… the unlucky among us can continue to receive empty Paragon boxes for the foreseeable future.

Q: What will become of the rank 4 essences we’ve acquired in 9.0?
A: We’re going to try something different i.e. not deplete it. As you move to the Shadowlands, your connection to the heart will be depleted. It will be functional in other areas.

I was seeing this come up as well. Apparently from my understanding, Blizzard has found a way (one that I thought of a few times) to selectively deactivate systems from older expansions whenever you are in current content. Meaning if you are in/on a 9.0+ mapID, older systems will turn off. Would be nice to have ashbringer be turned on again and be able to use double divine tempest.

As for Azeroth’s Neckbeard, I am not at all as progressed as anyone else seeking this but it is still a “goal” for me. Would nice to reach it within BFA, but if that is not a possibility, I would hope that it stays in the game, but NOT become trivialized by any degree (meaning once mythic azshara falls under legacy loot, I one shot her for essence etc).

But to OP and others congrats on y’alls progress thus far. And one question, about how much rep are y’all earning per day for both mechagon and nazjatar (or how many days does it take for you to reach the next paragon box, sans rep buffs)?

Thank you. Literally have everyting done, but (even today) completely out of “luck” getting the RNG essences. I realize I have more time, but COME THE HELL ON??!? Any of you guys been completing the weekly island cap since the start of the patch and still don’t have the Rank 4 essence for Worldvein? Have any of you guys been doing all the WQ’s, Mardiva’s Lab, weekly bark item from Ancient Tree dudes, all WQ’s with contract, etc for Unbound Force?

If you have the [Paragon drop] recipe that gives you the ability to craft Rustbolt rep tokens (1 S.P.A.R.E. crate = 100 Rep), with a decently efficient spare part farming group and a Pocket-Sized Computational Device with Metal Detector (increased spare parts), you can probably farm up 100 Rep tokens in 2-3 hours or so (counting recycling turn-ins).

Not exactly engaging, though.

Yes, but how does that help me with Unbound Force or Worldvein? :frowning:

1 Like

Potentially a forum error on my part… I was replying to a different post, or so I thought.

1 Like

Posting in solidarity as I’m also only missing Worldvein Rank 4 and Purification Protocol Rank 4. Haven’t missed an island weekly or mechagon daily since the patch dropped. :frowning:

At least the Rustbolt Resistance reputation is “farmable” now with spare parts. Not fun at all, but there is nothing of the sorts for the Nazjatar Reputations. They just added something today on Wowhead about it in 8.3. However, in 8.3 you cannot exceed Exalted reputation with the reputation currencies like manapearls or spare crates.

If that’s the case, that totally wrecks the usefulness of that change for Rank 4. I suppose for someone chasing the paragon chest mount, it will still be useful for getting an alt up to exalted to add another character that can chip away at getting paragon chests with more ease. And if Rank 4 were account-wide, those alts could be useful for that too. But Blizzard just indicated again that they’re not making essences account wide in 8.3.

Well, it says that the ones you’ve acquired will not go away. No word really on whether the ones you haven’t acquired will still be available for acquisition. I would bet not at this point, but who knows.

They definitely ought to, especially for RNG that requires a high level of input in order to “pull the lever” of the slot machine like a paragon chest. I don’t think they do though.

Wow this is an intense FoS. Hardest part of it is probably getting the 2400 rating.