Rise of Azshara Story Discussion (SPOILERS)

remember when bfa was first announced and people were saying it looked like cata 2.0 but i was all nah dude it looks like mop 2.0 and now this is happening

i’m so sorry please don’t attack me with sticks + rocks

3 Likes

inb4 “BUT MOP WAS ACTUALLY GOOD!

XD

There’s a lot of similarities though, there really is. To the point that, at the moment, it seems like instead of recolouring old armor sets, they’re recolouring a whole expansion. It’s like MoP but the bad guys are dead instead of orcs.

1 Like

This is probably the one thing that would get me to quit the fastest. Not Baine being poorly-written (he has been since day one), but them destroying yet another iconic location for cheap pathos and to force us all into the discount Magic Kingdom that is Stormwind.

2 Likes

The good part of MoP wasn’t the faction war plotline; it was getting to play furry Harvest Moon and relaxing for like five minutes.

(I still think we need another expansion where we just get to comparatively chill out for a while.)

7 Likes

Pandaria did have something really cool insofar as it… I dunno it was almost a chill out expansion? It reminded us why life is worth living, in a funny way. There was a special innocence to Pandaria that’s never quite been tapped into again. It’s still my favourite expansion, though I confess I liked the faction war too.

1 Like

I long hoped that World of Warcraft: The South Seas would be our “beach episode” expac.

Instead Blizzard decided to spit in my face and call me names.

5 Likes

I was really hoping that Stormsong Valley was going to be this based on first appearances. Sadly, what we got was pretty disappointing.

MoP was also helped in that it was the only expansion to ever feel like it was about something, rather than just advancing the plot because they have to advance the plot.

1 Like

So, uh, thus far it looks like Tyrande isn’t involved in the Nazjatar/Azshara storyline.

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

request denied. this is the only way i intend to interact with you in the future.

3 Likes

please my body is soft and i have no control over my powers of prophecy

1 Like

my body is hard, and brutal. it burns with rage.

my blood calls for yours and it WILL be satisfied

3 Likes

I enjoyed MoP, but the faction war was definitely the weakest part of it for the same reason the faction war is the weakest part of WoW all around: Blizzard refuses to put the effort in to making it good.

As it was, MoP felt like a pretty cool story where you helped genuine and interesting characters with their problems, bookended by a halfhearted beginning and a cringy end.

2 Likes

So it looks like the tauren heritage armor quest takes place after we bust Baine out of prison, as it involves the tauren player going on a spirit journey with Baine to get advice from Cairne or whatever, and maybe discover just who put Sylvanas on the throne.

1 Like

id assume that he’d be in hiding, then, cause otherwise that would be hilarious to have him just… walk back home.

I could see the tauren closing ranks around their leader, and conveniently forgetting to report to Supreme Leader Sylvanas that he’s wandering around Mulgore talking to ghosts.

2 Likes

It’s actually not out of the realm of possibility? Since Thunder Bluff is allegedly really difficult to attack.

But then, Sylvanas has catapults that can fire across an ocean, so who even knows what’s possible anymore.

Blizzard can’t tell their Tauren apart, I’m sure Sylvanas doesn’t do any better.

“Haha! The traitor Baine is DEAD! …wait, is that Baine?”

“I…I thought you knew?”

2 Likes