Rise of Azshara Story Discussion (SPOILERS)

Big spoilers for 8.2 are sure to follow. You have been warned!

So, 8.2 has just hit the PTR and it probably won’t be long now before the data-miners grab their picks and shovels and get to work. I figured I’d go ahead and get a thread up and running ahead of time so we’d be ready to dig in!

Any last minute predictions, WrA?

We won’t kill Azshara. She’s gonna run away at like 5%. They specifically mentioned in one of those Ion interviews that she doesn’t view herself as working with or under N’Zoth, if I remember right, which means there’s no way her story’s done in 8.2.

3 Likes

I’m hoping Azshara won’t be offed at the end of the raid.

It feels like it would be such a waste of potential, and of one of Warcraft’s last pre-WoW Big Bads.

I’m guessing the same ol’ stuff.

Bad Guy acts, Good Guy reacts.

2 Likes

I dunno about predictions. Every time I think of anything I go “this is outlandish and stupid and that’s the only reason I thought it up”

Then I go “Oh no it’s Blizzard”

I don’t even know if it’s a prediction to say something like; I expect Xally to replace Sylvanas as Scheming Female Amoral Figure. Not based on any real or meaningful connections beyond Sylvanas going deep end and Xally fitting into the old role much better. It sounds dumb and awful to me, but it’s Blizzard, so it’s just as plausible as things we all expect like Sylvanas’ obnoxious vindication or N’zoth’s ‘not the big bad guy this time’ deal.

I’m genuinely curious what twists Ion was talking about.

Not the nature of them, but if they’re actually twists. I’ll feel a shred of happiness if I can go “Oh okay, I didn’t see that coming.”

3 Likes

So stuff is pouring in and, uh…

Siege of Orgrimmar - Coup Scenario

I’m losing it.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=291231/

Oh, and it looks like Thrall is working with Baine and Saurfang to bring down Sylvanas.

3 Likes

New buyable rep mounts, looks like:

The Horde decides to stop at two kittens instead of eating the entire plate and the Alliance includes swears in its sternly-worded letter.

3 Likes

New title: Trashmaster

Okay Blizz how did you know this was exactly what I wanted

2 Likes
  • Stage 6: Unlikely Alliance
    Rejoin Thrall and Saurfang and continue deeper into the underhold.

• Stage 7: Truce and Consequences
    Work with the Alliance to find Baine.

I’M LOSING IT.

4 Likes

Alliance-side blurbs show Shaw is there helping, too.

Where are the Death Knights and why aren’t they kicking Sylvanas doors in like

“How many times do we have to teach you this lesson about chaining people up in your basement”

7 Likes

Also, did we know Azshara got her claws on the Tidestone? Because according to datamined text she has it, I think.

e: A couple things in the unsorted Broadcast Text (all unknown speakers)

Queen Azshara, more landwalkers approach.

They seek the tidestone… but I will not leave it unguarded as they so foolishly did.

Also

Th–Thrall? Jaina?

These chains are warded against magic. I’ll need time to pick the lock.

This feels wrong. Sylvanas must have known we were coming.

Indeed she did, traitor. You and Lady Proudmoore.

I have no quarrel with you.

Have you forgotten the purge of Dalaran, murderer? Today, the Sunreavers will be avenged.

Then your vendetta is with me, and me alone!

No! You will watch your friends die–just as I did!

Rangers! Kill them all! FOR THE SUNREAVERS!

So Thrall and Jaina are working together and the Sunreavers are in Sylvanas’ pocket.

lol

1 Like

So the twist is that Escalation is occurring the same patch as the Thunder Isle.

The lack of ambition is truly amazing.

3 Likes

There’s 3 versions of the scenario: Alliance, and Horde’s will apparently change based on who you’ve sided with in the Campaign to now.

pretends to like sylvanas

Anyone who can see the Horde getting extra content and still argue that the factions receive equal treatment is lying.

4 Likes

I’m trying very hard to wrap my head around this one. I hate loose broadcast text for that.