Rise of Azshara Experiences So Far

I fixed it for you.

Mob scaling in general sucks. What is the point of improving your character if the world gets stronger right along with you. instead of a journey, its just a treadmill …

34 Likes

Quote of the day.

1 Like

Move on then?

I’m doing the quests with a friend, so I’m not anywhere near done since I’m waiting on him. However of what I’ve seen so far…

Nazjatar is GORGEOUS. I love it. Navigation is killing me (thank goodness for my friend), but I’m thoroughly enjoying it. We sit on Discord, chat, kill things, get lost and are generally having a blast. I’m looking forward to doing it on my two healer alts as well with friends who are taking alts over there too.

Mechagon I’m not so fond of. It has a cluttered feeling, and visually it’s unpleasant. There aren’t many quests there from what I’ve seen, which means that getting the appropriate level of rep is going to feel exceedingly grindy.

I don’t like the change to mythic+ to increase the difficulty before we can start acquiring the gear to overcome that. I ran Tol Dagor 11 last night with a group and it was a miserable slog. Changing the cannons was really silly for those of us playing at an average level. STOP nerfing things for the MDI; I’m begging.

I do like that Islands give you an essence for your neck piece. That was a pleasant surprise. I also enjoyed getting the map fragments. I do wish you’d added more to the Dubloon vendor. Seeing nothing new was disappointing.

1 Like

Haven’t touched warmode as Horde since “Against all odds” was implemented.

Mecha is a cool zone, but I can’t see killing each other over “rare” spawns with 1/3rd the life they should have being any fun. Especially when they are all tied to rep (of which you need to get to revered to be able to fly).

Naz I need to spend more time in, the back and forth through winding passage ways is… It’s just not what I like to do.

As an aside… I am pretty disappointed with -Weapons- or the lack thereof.
Benthic armor, hits all the spots you already have gear for, but nary a mention of where to get a weapon.

Back to doing emissaries so I can land a titanforged out of a honorbound box am I?

3 Likes

It’s trash and I uninstalled. No rares in mechagon so nothing to grind, and the bejeweled/candy crush garbage is the worst. Spent over an hour trying to match 5, as did two of my friends I play with. We all uninstalled and unsubbed. Regret spending 15 dollars to resub for this trash.

14 Likes

Have not gone there yet but just happy that when i did sign on last night i got a 410 dagger from mythic+ cache. Prob will explore tonight or tomorrow since my timings to go in are diff today

I don’t understand the need to gate things by a single day. What’s the point … we’ll all get rank 3 today and finish the quest. What was gained by stopping us for a day other than to annoy players?

33 Likes

Did the dungeons scale already? I figured that wouldn’t occur until the season change.

I expected a slight buff to mobs in the new zones, but it feels like I’m hitting a damage sponge most of the time. I made the mistake of picking the tanking companion yesterday, if he managed to pull threat off me he died pretty fast.

2 Likes

I really like Mechagon. Nazjatar is meh. The dailies is a bit of a kick in the gut and knowing that they’re required to level the followers isn’t fun.

But Mechagon, having a great time there! The randomness of things makes the much smaller map seem more impactful and engaging.

2 Likes

I don’t think the scaling has kicked in, but the actual changes like the TD cannons would have been implemented since they’re not specifically Season 3. I presume FH timer is down too.

I would guess TD was a slog because the cannons can’t be used to clear all that trash anymore, given their limited use.

Apparently so. It’s in these patch notes, under Mythic+ Off Season.

After we did TD 11 last night, we were trying to figure out what in the world was going on. That’s when I found it in the notes on WoWhead. Unless I’m completely midunderstanding what’s stated here – which is a very real possibility since I’m sleep deprived right now, haha.

The cannon change is the worst. I don’t get that at all.

The Essences and Nazjatar are a let down. However, I knew that going in.

Essences don’t really fix the problem with Azerite Gear. You still have to seek out the proper traits if you’re going to min/max and it is a pain either managing multiple gear sets or changing traits to play your classes. Essences are very generic and Artifact Traits Light. The system isn’t very engaging and doesn’t encourage you to really seek them out. If they drop, okay. There were a lot of quests getting essences from Dragons on the PTR. These seem to have been stripped without any way to follow up on them. That is a shame.

Nazjatar is kind of bland. Same Elf ruins everywhere instead of 10,000 years of underwater city and phosphorescent beauty. Really expected more than a copy and paste use of resources. You even reused the “Giant Animal” ambient noise from Zuldazar. The few areas that I have seen with actual Naga architecture really don’t go far enough. While I like exploring and finding paths to get to different places, I can see why people hate navigating the zone as well. Too many levels.

Mechagon is a decent place. I can go there and chase some rares, do a couple quests or fish.

11 Likes

Of the fact that they don’t appear to…

These are tied to levels of the Heart. The 2nd step and 2nd rank of Crucible is available upon reaching Heart level 54. I don’t remember the third level but the final quest and rank are at level 70.

It was already like that on the PTR following the initial essences intro build, when they had them all available at once.

The zones are fantastic and the story is great. I love the new upgradeable gear system. I am just feeling a bit overwhelmed with too many world quests. I am also never having an alt set foot in them until I get flying.

1 Like

I’m having fun, there’s soooo much to do.

I will say that Nazjatar is annoying to navigate, though.

2 Likes

Ok so here are my thoughts.

Nazjatar: zone is tiny, dislike that. leads me to think the devs are lazy or budget restrained.

Art: love it, feels immersive

Quests: well the roll out has been rough for me. Couldnt hand in a quest in a line that really grabbed my interest… ruined my night questing wise… also had a bug on a world quest that just wasnt in the building it was marked in… verified that it was not my locating at fault but the wq just wasnt appearing.

As far as the dailies, they were fun the first time… contact me after my 20th run thru…

Too early to comment about much else since i only played a few hours yesterday.

1 Like