Ripcord, essentially pulled

None of your exemples point to an overall 70-90% nerf that makes Covenants “an aesthetic” choice.

Either you don’t understand the breadth of changes or what “#PulltheRipcord” even means.

Alrighty then, if you feel it’s a Moral Victory and one side got what they wanted ok. I really have no intent to argue back and forth regarding who won what and for why.

I did enjoy reading what you wrote, and I spoke my mind on the situation.

None of the Ripcord crowd would call this a “victory” since they literally didn’t get what they wanted : the ability to pick their covenants based on aesthetics rather than power and tuning.

1 Like

Very true, I also enjoy reading your post as well. Just wanted to point that out.

1 Like

As, in my opinion, they should have been designed to be from the very beginning. If Blizzard has proven anything over the years, with talents, classes, and specs being the poignant examples, it’s that it cannot balance multiple options well enough that there isn’t at least a strong community perception that certain ones are viable while others aren’t.

Exactly. There’s nothing wrong with the systems as long as they’re not tied to player power. If it was like that from the beginning, they would have avoided all this drama.

2 Likes

Yeah nah

Bone spike got nuked

Flayed shot got nuked

Even one of the monk ones got deleted

That’s only 3 examples I could think of, the flayed shot nerf it’s self was a 66% nerf and a 33% nerf to the proc rate

Feel your pain man; these are the same “people” who picked that stupid tree mount.

1 Like

Nice, there’s 144 examples. Keep going… The point is, tuning occurred, but the ripcord is still massively intact. There’s still quite a clear meta looming, no matter how much it shifts around.

So abilities got buffs, some got well deserved nerfs (because like Bonespike, they were massively overperforming), but one fact remains : the ripcord wasn’t pulled, your Covenant choice still matters a whole lot.

If only they tweaked class core abilities instead of giving us borrowed power

Always funny seeing posts like this from people subbed to the game. LMAO BLIZZ SO INCOMPETENT I GIVE THEM MONEY EVERY MONTH.

Might be time to find a new hobby.

New system, in order to jump you have to do a simple algebra equation. This rewards quicker thinking players so its a good system to put in.

Big oof on Flayed Shot. It did look like a fun skill in practice but eeew, Venthyr.

Just one of many examples of a skill that would have been amazing AS A T A L E N T.

1 Like

Then you don’t need to be on the forums, bad mouthing Retail. You can be living in the “perfection” of Classic 24/7. :wink:

Yeah that was one of my favourite abilities. Still going to be using it but Jesus that one hurt

1 Like

Is it bad mouthing if it is negative to what you like? The way I see it, I am just at my wits end with trying to give constructive criticism. I want to play retail. I like continuing my character. I do not like feeling like I am playing a broken version of it that only feels somewhat complete when I get on retail’s hamster wheel of systems to achieve that. Even then, it feels horrible.

Then maybe you just need to pull the needle out and admit you can let go of the addiction? If WoW isn’t enjoyable to you any longer, you might need to make the adult decision to let this game go. Don’t punish yourself and go find something you enjoy to play.

Honestly, this whole borrowed power system is trash. Its just an excuse for lazy development. They should focus on Class Design, Look at shadow preist. Most people enjoy it. If they did to to every spec instead of waste their time on borrowed power systems that make balancing overly compicated the game would be better off.

1 Like

Yeah. It looks like Black Arrow V 2.0.

I want to use it so much, but hate Venthyr so much that playing it would cause me to quit. :confused: One of many people in a similar position probably, hence all the screaming about Covenants.

2 Likes

No needle to pull out. I have accepted I am just waiting on TBC and LK servers to experience what I long for. My sub is up in January. I will not be subbing back till TBC.

1 Like

No they don’t . The so called 1 % and even casuals that do some min/max or like to experiment didn’t want this to happen . The ripcord was about separating the player power from the covenants so that they could remain powerful and fun to use. It was never about nerfing it to obscurity, but we did say this was what was going to happen if they kept the power and the aesthetics locked together.

You do know these changes were done because people have actually been playing SL in Beta for months giving Blizz the data they need on these systems .

1 Like