Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

All things said and done for me this evening though; I’m going to be talking about these dumb changes more on Friday in my stream. I just hope I don’t go 4 hours ranting about it like last stream cause I do want to talk about The War Within. :rofl:

Except we’ve now gotten word that the rares despawn after 15 minutes and don’t show up for almost 7 hours so… They just smashed a zone into pieces for no reason. There was already outrage over the first “hotfix” 6- almost 7 months ago which was what initially killed the zone. Now they’ve gone and made it worse. So theres really no reason to side with Blizz on this when we’ve all been saying that making them soloable/scaled to how many people wack it would fix the issue.

With that though I do need to be heading to bed lol.

4 Likes

I don’t like the fact that we’ve to test those drop rates/respawns and use third party websited likes wowhead for those % and those aren’t accuarate, if only Blizzard provided the %s… it could kill the immersion but it’s the player time being wasted. Or at least Devs should implement the same treatment that Legendaries are getting on which each attempt increase the drop % for your next kill.

Its really frustating that each attempt doesn’t matter for cosmetics, at the end if the drop rate % is 5 or 99 is the same, you get the item or not.

3 Likes

So I do want to comment on that portion. AFAIK, rares are on a 5-day rotation, so it’s possible Invoq isn’t supposed to be up at the moment.

…But given how 15 minute despawns happen, it’s quite literally almost impossible to know whether a rare is up in a rotation or not. So now you’re faced with sitting for hours waiting for a rare to spawn that’s supposed to spawn, or waiting for a rare to spawn that won’t spawn because it’s not in the rotation.

What a stupid situation all around and that further solidifies my earlier stance:

3 Likes

Oh, cool. So I wasted eight hours standing here and he isn’t even going to spawn for another four days? That’s awesome.

He spawned yesterday after three hours of camping. Had I known about the rotation I wouldn’t have wasted my entire day on this.

Man I hate this change. Very anti-player. And all for the illusion that this zone is more active than it is.

5 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach:

@Reconbravo, Can you explain why are you happy with these changes?

I just wonder your approach to rewards as an aspirational goal, because rewards not matter if its cosmetic should be aspirational goals.

Continuing the discussion from Bad Luck Protection on Legendary Axe and How It Works:

Because, the rewards remain under pure RNG and some players will grind these items more that other players, the problem is that it doesn’t matter the drop %, the time for each attempt is just wasted without any sort of progression.

Why can’t we get a BLP like the legendaries? Evoker and now 2 Hand Axe have this system on which each attempt increase the drop %, It’ll remain under RNG but every attempt is progress and it keeps the enjoy of the drop because you don’t know the original drop rate and how much you advanced for your attempts.

Its not like using a currency that’s a more straight forward BLP system.

I can’t say for sure. I don’t know what Invoq’s spawn timer is. But I did some more digging. The five-day rotation is a thing I think, but most rares will be up 4 out of those 5 days, so my wording may have been off earlier. I’m a bit tired and my eyes suck at the moment, but here:

That explains how there’s 5 zones rares can be up in, but only 4 zones are active at a time. The stupidly overtuned Caldera zone is of course the only one that is always up. Otherwise the zones are up in a counter-clockwise rotation that moves every day.

Here’s where Invoq spawns:

So it looks like he spawns in the Aberrus zone. Have any other rares in that zone spawned today?

Assuming that rotation is still true, that can help I guess, but…going back to the earlier point, if rares are despawning, then how the hell is anyone supposed to know which zone isn’t spawning that day? The despawning mechanism is so damn counterintuitive.

x_x

1 Like

No, the Abberus zone was dead all day. I guess today was Glimmerogg because there were a lot of Aquifon and Viridian King spawns.

I’m devastated that I wasted my entire day camping a rare that was never going to spawn, but thanks for the information.

Silly me for thinking 15 minute despawns were overkill enough on making this drop a nightmare to get. Now I have to make sure I am checking the schedule before starting a grueling spawn camp.

2 Likes

No link provided though? :crazy_face:

I’m always on the lookout for new streams to watch/lurk in

Blizz loves to take the loses more than the wins. Just can’t have it all lmao.

runs the Warden Entrix guantlet

sees him despawn from the map while I’m tanking a dozen elites in the corridor

To be fair, I guess this accurately recreates the experience from when the Forbidden Reach was popular.

( tonight’s ZC run there were 3-4 other people doing to same thing so it was the first little true murderball I’ve encountered since the change; I only completed the mobs that were up and left, but it went smoothly as a nugget of activity )

is that good or bad

Entrix? I can’t say it felt good.

( but this was just the first time I’ve gone back to the Reach to rare-hunt sine the change; the rares appear to now be fairly easy for my tank to solo in 10.2 gear so it looks like I can start poking away at some things I’m still missing if I can find the time )

There’s a Google doc called Zaralek Cavern Zone Division and it shows the 4 active zones, plus the inactive one, and it’s updated every 5 minutes. I’m not sure how to post a link to it directly though.

The doc looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/1tRpZcF.png

(Sorry, can’t post direct links)

Continuing the discussion from Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach:

But where are they? Are they in the room with us right now? And how do you come to the conclusion that you 100% will get these transmog items now?

2 Likes

I… I want to know what insane people think that this solution is better then just scaling everything down.

4 Likes

The kind of people that work at blizz HQ, apparently.

2 Likes

Ya know Blizzard, if you are going to keep this despawning mechanic, make the special loot 100%. It shouldn’t be both. Slash their health and reduce the spawn timer or have them despawn but its guaranteed loot.

2 Likes

Guess I am just not going to bother with Zaralek Caverns and the Forbidden Reach rares for cosmetics, it already felt/feels horrible camping the Druid rares in the Emerald Dream every day for several hours.

8 Likes

deadzone anyway…
no one is ever around when i’m down there…
and even a hunter has a hard time solo with the
spawns…BECAUSE THEY DON’T SCALE!

5 Likes