Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

The normal rares I solo as Havoc and the weekly boss I solo as Vengeance. They only have 14.1m hp.

You’ll recall during my early tenure of becoming a CC member about the release of the Z.Caves and drawing to attention the lack of change to drops when they initially butchered the zone not even a week after its inception and claimed they increased the drop rates to compensate for the change. I listed Karokta as an EXAMPLE. And they took that and ran it through the finish line without doing anything else. And how much of a buff did they give that mount drop? A meager penny about.

1 Like

continues to poke the bee’s nest

You know you want to…

Is there anyone in this whole comment section who agrees with this?

I have no doubt that someone somewhere will come along shortly.

1 Like

Exactly…and they never do follow ups at all… you asked for the purpose and it was ignored, same for the Love rocket for a mount that was so controversial, when Chimes replied here:

I expected some discussion before implementation or at least some kind of conversation after the event finished, instead they implemented the same approach for the next holidays…

the reward devs literally treated this RNG issue like " You Think You Do…But You Don’t" meme…Ignoring players feedback.

1 Like

Not here but in another thread:

always one or two eventually

I don’t agree with this, but I’m pretty sure it will affect nothing

Sure, if you have gotten everything from ZC.

6 Likes

Thank you for your attempts, even if they’re determined not to listen.

5 Likes

they should be soloable anyway. nobody’s doing them.

5 Likes

I haven’t, but I still don’t see how it will affect anything. We didn’t kill the rares before/now, and we’ll continue that path. Now the rares will only be there when people are actually there and wanting to kill them. Again, I don’t agree with the change. I just don’t see how it will really do anything at least in my own gameplay

Newsflash buddy: the rares were already there when people wanted to be there and kill them.

The problem is Blizz refused to make them soloable.

So now we’ll have rares not there because nobody wants to even think about bothering with them now. Cool.

3 Likes

That doesn’t fix the issue, which is there are things to get, and they have done nothing but make it harder to do so. It’s old content at this point. They need to stop “fixing” it with crap like this and actually make some meaningful change.

2 Likes

I literally started going back to ZC last night to get all the dragon manuscripts from the rares. I don’t want to look up what each one drops. I don’t want to sit and make a list and pick each one to wait for.

Last night I went in, every rare was up, and we cleaned the zone out. It was fine enough fun. 3 people joined my group I listed and we vibed.

Now I feel like when I go, the odds of all the rares being up is way way lower, and I don’t want to be bothered to make my little list and sit around and wait for them. It was cool being able to just delete the zone in one go and get back to other content.

And I still need the mount from Karokta. Now he’s less likely to be up across the board, making this already dog water content that much more annoying.

3 Likes

I said this in the hotfix thread. But I DO have everything in the caverns including the bogus drop rate Cobalt Shalewing. But here I am standing along side you because despite doing the grind I HATED every moment of it. It was agonizing and punishing and a complete contradiction to what Ion said when he wanted to “respect the players time”.

I have threads dating back to I believe tail end of shadowlands era, before I was on the CC, complaining about Special Encounters (formerly called rares). Despite finally getting these drops I am STILL fighting the fight for those who have yet to start the content and those who have yet to return or join. The open world encounter system is such an atrocious and archaic WASTE of the players time and NEEDS to be made less harsh.

Edit: I wanted to add that there was no lingering satisfaction after every grind I’ve finished. Sure theres a moment of pure relief that it’s finally over. But I knew in my soul that there was another grind lurking around the corner and I dreaded it. Like an evil twisted muppet lingering around the corner in a dark room waiting to murder me. I also knew that while I was done, many of my friends and others were not. And that is not a satisfactory business practice.

8 Likes

It seems like this phrase is just about seasonal content…10.2 mount acquisition was 10/10 and the announcement of transmog acquisition for next expansion 10/10 change…However, We still have these weird reward changes…

Pick a lane Blizzard!!

Same, I keep complaining about Brezeebiter even when I got the drop because its a really awful design for any player later…

Then we’ve situations like:

On which Devs changed Mechadone 1 expansion later, when I already spent a lot of time on the really low drop items, I don’t care if other players get it easier, good for them… but I want these kind of fixes ASAP since an active player has to deal with this frustating mechanics…Same with the World boss drop %…it was fixed 8 years late.

2 Likes

They need to learn how to “drive” first. Clearly no one is at the wheel at the moment.

3 Likes

These designers just make changes to make it look like they are doing work to not get fired.

6 Likes