Rip zaralek caverns. rares will despawn now

Logic and Blizzard don’t seem to go together.

3 Likes

Logic was like “Yeah, no thanks” and walked out the front door. I don’t blame it.

3 Likes

They already are soloable?

I’m guessing you’re a tank. Tanks can solo it, sure for about 5-10 mins until it finally dies. But man when a clothie/non tank walks up to it they will cease to exist. Not even a blood stain will remain, they will simply be particles in the ether.

7 Likes

20m hp and hit like a truck soloable?

puh lease

7 Likes

Just check this list from 2021 Council post:

Why those points were never addressed?

example: * Auto-enable Legacy Loot for ALL legacy content (including the previous expansion) or provide players a reasonable/immediate way to unlock it with the release of a new expansion

We’re still doing threads on PTR during this whole expansion about BFA legacy loot and fixes to some encounters.

CM replied this:

Council had a good discussion that was just ignored…then solution was just another layer of RNG.

1 Like

I’m a little unclear what this change intends to accomplish.

In isolation it looks a bit like someone smashing the toys before anyone can play with them wrong.

edit: blue post clarification of intent: Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach

10 Likes

This.

It’s like them saying “we hear you” about the currency bloat and immediately add in a lot of stealth currencies. Which is exactly what they did.

:cookie:

11 Likes

Players: “Blizz, we’d really like to be able to go kill the Zaralek Caverns rares by ourselves since the zone is pretty dead. Could you make them soloable so we have a reason to go there?”

Blizzard: “We’re going to despawn the rares after 15 minutes.”

14 Likes

Lot of things out there still kick my fuzzy rear even though I’m almost 460 on the main.

They haven’t listened even since they kept it secret from the public almost a decade ago

Same here im really trying to understand the reason but i doubt they will tell us so they rather just keep silent as allways silence silence silence

The normal rares I solo as Havoc and the weekly boss I solo as Vengeance. They only have 14.1m hp.

You’ll recall during my early tenure of becoming a CC member about the release of the Z.Caves and drawing to attention the lack of change to drops when they initially butchered the zone not even a week after its inception and claimed they increased the drop rates to compensate for the change. I listed Karokta as an EXAMPLE. And they took that and ran it through the finish line without doing anything else. And how much of a buff did they give that mount drop? A meager penny about.

1 Like

continues to poke the bee’s nest

You know you want to…

Is there anyone in this whole comment section who agrees with this?

I have no doubt that someone somewhere will come along shortly.

1 Like

Exactly…and they never do follow ups at all… you asked for the purpose and it was ignored, same for the Love rocket for a mount that was so controversial, when Chimes replied here:

I expected some discussion before implementation or at least some kind of conversation after the event finished, instead they implemented the same approach for the next holidays…

the reward devs literally treated this RNG issue like " You Think You Do…But You Don’t" meme…Ignoring players feedback.

1 Like

Not here but in another thread:

always one or two eventually