Rip Worgens

Just learnt that Blizzard gave Dracthyr their voices on beta at last and omg I love the fem Dracthyr voice it’s great just one of their jokes feels unnecessarily cruel and I don’t know what Blizzard was thinking when they added this like just what the hell but hidden due to it being spoilers technically

Spoilers I showed my tail to one of those wolf people... but just looked sad and walked away. I wonder why!

But give your local Worgen player a hug they’re probably gonna need it after hearing this one

61 Likes

I think that is a bit too far.

It’s a joke. It is pretty tame.

Worgen don’t have tails.

They have never had tails.

Worgen players never wanted tails (as far as I can recall) until Golden (who should have known better) gave them one in a book which Blizzard had to rectify.

I like it when the devs troll the players in a playful manner. Considering what the player base tosses them I think it is only fair game that they get to poke fun at us every now and then.

24 Likes

I think the OP was just playing up their anger as a joke

4 Likes

Good thing they didn’t use the “Pin the tail on the Worgen” joke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

Oh no… that would be horrible…

/plans next Thalassian Wine tasting party

3 Likes

Perhaps, but their post didn’t really read that way to me.

If it is the case, I hope they took no offense by my response as none was intended.

Hyperbolic language is employed heavily here in the forums and I’ll admit; sometimes I can’t tell if it is for comedic effect, for trolling, or just because they feel it is the best route to take to get the intended results (aka - get what they want).

3 Likes

Hilarious if true. It should be true. Listen to your customers, Blizzard.

2 Likes

Nothing like mocking players that have done nothing to you but request a customization option while at the same time giving them a race that can only be one class and transmog for the most part does not fit on and then saying “look guys this race has tails!” lmao.

29 Likes

Didn’t think Blizz would try to top “Welcome To The Machine” but yet they have.

2 Likes

You want a really funny joke, look at WoW subscription numbers over this past expansion…

11 Likes

Aww…the little rat thinks she’s a dog, bless her heart kicks her across the room

4 Likes

Can someone stop the world and let me off. there are far too many people out there who get hurt at the tiniest of things

12 Likes

oof. well, that joke tells us blizz is never giving worgen tails. so… that’s a shame. poor worgen players who were hoping for a tail one day.

me, ehh… i already play pandaren which have tails (sure, it’s a stubby one but still!), so i feel bad for the poor worgen folks who were hopeful.

4 Likes

At least some players wanted them since Cataclysm actually.

I am not hurt as I don’t play Worgen as I hate their animations which were obviously designed with a tail in mind I simply have this thing called empathy something that seems to be a foreign concept in America.

Like I personally think the joke is funny however it’s not a joke Blizzard should be making ever especially considering the fact that up until this point they have refused to acknowledge the demand for Worgen tails.

Like it is tone deaf and unnecessary like by adding this in Blizzard is asking for backlash that they can’t afford right now.

15 Likes

This is EXACTLY what we need. People are so on edge they dont know how to NOT be offended

7 Likes

It’s a good chuckle.

3 Likes

You seem offended

Edit: you also seem on edge. Are you getting enough sleep?

7 Likes

I’m at work so yes. I am very angry

Also hangry

That’s a combination of angry and handsome

5 Likes

It just proves that the devs are still the same, they removed jokes and emotes that could cause offense and now add one that’s directly meant to cause offense and poke fun at something the player base highly wants especially given their Hearthstone art and original Concept art had tails.

14 Likes

It’s sad and brings bad memories from when Void Elves’ jokes were first datamined.

Blizzard seems to like mocking Alliance players every time they get a chance.

No wonder the faction is dead.

11 Likes