RIP Waterstrider 1 Week Left

Resounding protection? and wouldn’t work with barding?

Good. So tired of being forced to use that ugly mount. i am ready to use any mount I want to walk on water.

Amazing that after that huge thread with 85% NEGATIVE feedback about this change that it’s still happening.

4 Likes

Even if it weren’t ugly or a beautiful mount people would always judge what they don’t like.

Did you get the person who was forcing you thrown in jail or something?

3 Likes

IE Absorbs, including Resounding Protection, no longer preventing Daze Dismounts.

Currently you can also apply a Barding to the Water Strider to prevent Daze and also Water Walk. (Or literally any other mount using a Potion.)

When 8.2 goes Live, Bardings will become terribly scarce because the Inflatable Mount shoes AND anti-Daze mount equipment BOTH require using the existing Bardings to Craft.

Typical Blizzard fun police. Take away something that people like but yet they can give us recolored horses out the wazoo.

5 Likes

Thank you was wondering if they changed something lately.Problem is there only good in kul-taras and zandalar not where we’re going.sad.

Bardings will still work. In essence nothing changed.

I thought a Blue said this was not intended and would be fixed??? Maybe I’m thinking of something else? It had to do with anti-daze, of that much I am certain.

Edit: Blue post linked above.

They did, but it was still in the patch notes and when they removed it, then they came out and said it was a bug.

If the only ways to get mount equipment are the rep gated Angler’s vendor and the AH and 1/2 of the equipment variants require bardings to craft something will indeed change.

Remember when we had to keep the water strider on our action bar to walk on water? Those were the days.

I won’t miss those days. Having to use a specific mount just to walk across a few feet of water.

Did you read the description of the barding and monie hoof? says ,only usable in kul-taras and zandular.

In otherwords,we’ll have to craft the upgrade version of the barding in order for it to work in those areas.

“Teehee. We’re taking yet another thing from you but look at this shiny turd we’re giving you in return. OOoooohhhh. Isn’t it niiice?!” - Blizzard

Just hurry up and release vanilla.

3 Likes

I will miss the camaraderie of the water strider community.

With the new equipment system you could still do that WITHOUT the strider losing its ability.

Can’t wait until the sky golem loses its innate ability to equipment and the players that used it come here crying.

2 Likes

You could do that regardless in 8.2 WITHOUT the strider losing its ability.

1 Like