RIP Waterstrider 1 Week Left

There have always been 9879873458 times more sky golems being used than striders.

Striders have almost universally been used ONLY for their original purpose: to walk on water.

2 Likes

:laughing: no… people are on the strider in the mountains in case they come across water over ------> there. We must be playing 2 different games.

Those are rare outliers, the vast majority of strider owners only use them for water and swap mounts for land travel.

1 Like

Like I said… you and I are playing two different games… Striders are everywhere. We can not agree… I am ok with that.

:grinning:

:ice_cream:

Anecdotal <insert worthless bs to get it to 10 characters>

Might be server/shard differences, that I won’t deny.

Just saying that the strider isn’t nearly as popular off-water as some want us to think.

1 Like

Don’t worry. It will forever be in our hearts…always.

2 Likes

I agree, their time would be better spend on adding more depth to the content, and spend less time on their vendetta against our water-striders.

And I am betting that the water-walking equipment will be grayed out for the new zones or replaced by new mount equipment.

This is also why the majority of the players will not be using mount equipment. Especially at first. The gold farmers will spend their time farming so that they can make a ton of gold on the AH from these items.

I read an article where they estimated that the average player has between 10k-50k gold, and given how stingy the game has been with gold this xpac, this could be true.

If it is true, then the average player won’t be spending a ton of gold on expensive mount equipment. Especially if they raid or do M+. They will need to spend their gold on the new flasks and potions.

Thank you for straightening this out. Not sure why someone who is participating in the strider thread would ever say I’m for getting rid of the water-strider’s ability when I am very clearly against it. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

WoW has always been casual. It’s the most casual MMORPG in the history of all MMORPGs. It was the alternate to EQ which was the true hardcore MMORPG at the time. Even Classic WoW is timid and casual. Tediousness doesn’t equate to difficult, just took longer to do things.

I’m going to get the crimson strider and ride it over water anyway out of respect.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who finds this funny? Y’all may lose the default ability for the water strider, but now you can imitate shamans and DKs by using all of your mounts over the water… I seriously don’t understand the drama…

1 Like

Very simple:

Blizz could easily have treated the strider like every other mount with a special ability-let them keep theirs but not benefit from equipment.

The new equipment still lets you choose to use any other mount to water-walk if you so desire. There was ZERO reason to nerf the strider.

3 Likes

Easy summary.

And I’m sure if someone takes the time to explain the problemS to you, you’d still say you don’t get it.

There was also zero reason to give the water strider the water walking ability in the first place since DKs and shaman already had that covered. But I receive enough hate over that opinion so I’m not going to press my point this time.

But you get a free set of water walking shoes for all of your toons just for owning the strider. Why the hate when you can just slap those on and be done with it. Boom. Your water strider and everything else can water walk. People complain about blizz taking things and giving nothing. Well this is them taking something and giving a hell of a lot more than they took. That is what I don’t understand.

Just go read the main topic that had thousands of posts. If you still don’t get it, that’s on you. /shrug

2 Likes

I have read it, and it’s all the same. People complaining about something being taken away because it was fun detected. For the people who never bothered to grind the rep for the strider, now they don’t have to. For the people who did grind the rep, they get a free set that works on every mount and don’t have to use the same ugly bug everywhere they go. And they get the bug. They aren’t removing the mount. Just the ability. These people are complaining for the sake of complaining despite being given back what was taken and more. That is what I just don’t understand.

1 Like

Wrong. You’re trying to give a guess summary.

1 Like

That about sums it up. People are complaining about it because they don’t want to have to pay to swap equipment all the time to go back and forth between what? Water walking and daze proof? You still had to grind the rep for the mount for the strider and you still had to pay for the daze proof things that expired after a short period of time so what’s the point?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/water-strider-discussion/148759/

Here is just one. Stop being lazy