RIP Mighty Caravan Brutosaur

Oh Longboi, they promised you would be the only AH mount in the game. Ah well.
o7

2 Likes

lol no they didn’t. But go ahead, quote it.

14 Likes

I’ll still proudly ride my longboi around, even though it’s now the ‘poor’ one despite having a higher price tag. :joy:

5 Likes

Imagine believing in these 'promises" only to realize they can go back on it anytime for greed and $$.

5 Likes

They actually did after it was introduced. People have been linking it all day. Blizz promises aren’t worth anything tho. I am still waiting for the promised dance studio from wrath.

10 Likes

Yup they did
sort of. But of course Kaivax isn’t CEO nor in any position of power to have said such a thing to begin with.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/1gb9cac/blue_post_in_december_2019_on_auction_house/

4 Likes

i told people there would be on on the store one day, they all said nope blizzard said wont happen
i told them NEVER believe what they say lol

5 Likes

They’re salesmen and they’re selling a product. If people want to buy it, that’s what it is.

3 Likes

it was a ridiculous ‘promise’ that should never have been made in the first place.

2 Likes

I was there when Kaivax posted this, and it doesn’t say, anywhere, that they “promised it would be the only AH mount in the game”.

You all made that assumption, and jumped the gun. Like players always do.

We’ve been at this since 2019 lol and it is still being debated.

EDIT: WHATS MORE: You ALL saw the different unused models of Long Boi back then. You all KNEW those assets were going to be eventually used. Not sure what the surprise is here lol

9 Likes

It was never written in stone. It should have never been implied by anyone affiliated with ActiBliz. We all know things change when money is to be earned.

2 Likes

If they promise it they will break it.

It’s the worst but also best financial decision I’ve made in months.

2 Likes

Sort of is a huge stretch. They just said they don’t want it as common as repair mounts, and as this bruto will be off the shop come january, it’s still gonna be the case.

4 Likes

To be fair, they don’t promise that the longboi would be the only AH mount.

They just said they didn’t want a future where AH mounts are common.

Maybe now they figured that they wanted money more than they didn’t want that future lol

4 Likes

One of the dumbest ideas still talked about.

1 Like

Times change, and so do minds. For as much hate and vitriol as this new mount is getting, it is probably one of the best, and fastest, selling shop mounts in WoW history. People may not like that they are no longer special with the old removed mount, but Blizz is making a killing and this new cashflow should put Midnight in a better place for content with the money to hire more help.

1 Like

That was 5 or so years ago, back when Blizzard still had some of the OG founding members on board.

This is now ‘nuBlizzard’ or ‘MicroBlizzard’ so all bets are off, you may as well be quoting a promise made by Morhaime himself back in 2004.

What did what’s his face say? Something about “times change” and whatnot? I think that fits.

What he said was he didn’t want to see a sea of AH mounts.

The $90 price tag is probably going to make sure that doesn’t happen. I mean, if you believe all the people claiming to balk at the price.

It is actually a good thing. Now those bad-boys transmog (mop challenge, legion mage tower, pvp elite gear, etc.) all mean nothing to us because the re-colored version would be back someday in the bnet store. And tbh, I would still buy.

1 Like