Rip Hunter PVP. Abusable mechanics (Leeway) Is fun blizz

I’m guessing no one watches beanslayers stream. He dumps on pretty much everyone. And literally kites all the old school rank 1s. No trouble like this forum is making it sound like.

1 Like

I am of the opinion developers should keep an eye on YouTube in general, but in particular the top liked comments, as a gauge of community sentiment. Having read a few comments here, my opinion is confirmed.

Leeway Mechanic | Classic WoW Beta
(can’t link but that’s the name of the video)

Regarding melee leeway, those are:
“For the love of God Blizzard… ditch this $/”·. It’s not 2005" - 407
“Planning on playing warrior and I see no problems here” - 219

Of course melee pvp have no issue with it lol. Were getting an extra 12 yards which is a gigantic glorious advantage vs them pesky hunters and mages.

Even though i can hamstring from a football field away I would rather it be a fair playing field

1 Like

Wow OP. I don’t know what to say. I beat every single player I come across that is 2 levels ABOVE me or lower. I often beat players that are 5 levels above me. And sometimes 7 or 8 levels above me. I attack two players at the same time that are my level or lower. Hunter is not broken AT ALL. Just gotta git gud as they say.

lol the grossest over exaggaration on the forums yet.

No you don’t stop lying.

Hurrr guys i 5v1 ally all the time even when they skulls hurr hurr

Shut up kid

3 Likes

Nope. It’s for reals. And i’m just using the exact same tactics that I did 15 years ago in vanilla. It’s just that 99% of players expect hunters to fight exactly the same, because 99% do. But you’ve got to do a lot of melee too and not just gear agility and range fight all the time. Use engineering. Use alchemy buffs. Or you can just keep doing whatever and be normal…

Today I kept fighting these two ally that were lower than me but working great as a team. A 35 priest with a 31 rogue. They were really good. I kept attacking them and they killed me plenty. But I don’t get out of shape about. I actually liked it. I honor them and loved that they were a great challenge. Pvp servers man. They’re the best.

It feels like the leeway is right for pve, but wrong for pvp. Maybe it was disabled in pvp during Vanilla/TBC? Like I and many others didn’t experience the leeway range like this until Wrath of the Lich King pre-patch.

Maybe the current team forgot to turn it off for pvp?

Have you ever heard of latency?

I was hoping someone would actually show how it was back then instead of all the empty claims. I bet if that leeway vid hadnt been made players wouldnt even be complaining about it.

I did in this thread like 4 times with different races and all but they refuse to believe it and are still complaining. They all say it’s latency LOL which if they knew anything about latency they would know that if the Tauren was lagging the human would look to be closer to them which is what leeway was made for

Not even sure why I am responding to you, I was a rank 14 hunter that no life’d wow for years. I am talking competitive pvp where people are actually good. Not some random rogue in wpvp that doesn’t know how to open on a hunter.

But here goes…

FD/Trap is still bugged, confirmed by a blue in the bugs forum.
If you’re melee vs warrior or rogue and not getting 3 tapped you’re lying. I play warrior and at lvl 45 i was critting cloth and leather for half their hp one hit.

I am not talking about funsies pvp in open world. I am specifically talking about how easy it is to abuse leeway in the current classic version. I take dumps on loads of people on hunter in wpvp that has nothing to do with how broken Leeway still is.

At the highest competitive level where the Meta matters Leeway is busted op.

A hunter will always donk on bad players. Once FD/Trap is fixed its going to be even easier to dump on bad players.

Hunter dmg falls off severely later on when everyone else is still scaling with gear and we are not. The gap is going to get even larger in pvp now.

3 Likes

Okay well at level 60 yeah I dunno. So that’s fair. I’ve only been talking about my experience in the level range of 20 to 40 in open world pvp. So yeah maybe it’s completely different at max level or close to it.

It’s completely different. Mages get dunked on by almost everyone while leveling but once they hit 60 put a few pieces of the spell gear its gg revenge time. Low lvl Big red pet will solo just about any class