RIP "Breaking the cycle", absolutely nothing is changing with factions

She said that?

Nobody is suggesting a faction merge. Just an option for people to play together if they want to.

11 Likes

Literally 3 posts above yours…

Just because some are asking for a mercenary system for pve, which it’s something that I would personally don’t like but at least it wouldn’t obliterate the foundations of the game, doesn’t mean “no one” is asking for a faction merge. Many have been for a while now and they actually seem the majority when it comes to this debate.

You can continue playing it like that if you want to. But for those who want to play together, they should be able to.

7 Likes

They feel like a majority because that’s the argument that most people argue against, even if it’s a relatively uncommon suggestion.

I’m a fan of the Horde v Alliance feel, but I wouldn’t be against them adding a third Kumbaya faction. On creation of the faction, you sign up the characters that you want to be on that faction, and from then on you just have that option on character creation.

Yeah ok, now I see the tone of the thread, got it. Did you finish reading my reponse?

I take back my Canadian sorry from you Miss. To the rest of you, sorry.

So what was the point of BfA?

7 Likes

Terrible writing happened?

3 Likes

BrEaKiNg ThE CyClE.

RIP in Piece Sourfang, u hef dyed 4 no reashin

1 Like

All of WoW’s history takes place in like 10 years. There is no “next generation”. This is the same generation that dealt with Arthas and the Frozen Throne.

1 Like

Apparently the writers behind every expansion keep forgetting this memo, because every expac has us being besties until the start of the next.

11 Likes

You don’t have to get rid of the factions, but the whole point of our characters is that we’re the Heroes of Azeroth, we may have come up being aligned with one faction or the other but how many times over the course of this game’s life have we come together to fight off against a greater threat?

If they wanted player agency they should just make player characters neutral to both factions and offered the choice to align with whichever one they want.

14 Likes

If they wanted to they could just make a option to turn some kind of friendly mode setting where you can invite people from both factions to your party and raid group. Don’t think this would happen cause they would lose money from de incentivizing faction transfers.

But it would be nice to play with IRL friends that picked the other side instead of being like oh we can’t play together because we picked opposite factions.

9 Likes

It’s a decision the shows Blizzard has decided that being true to the game’s origin story and foundational IP is important, and I’m happy as well.

4 Likes

Yeah it didn’t last long. But not surprising.

Also rip loyalists line for both Sylvie and N’zoth.

Yea but narratively speaking we wont stop working with each other and we wont stop fighting each other. Which to me sounds like if you want to fight the other side go all out but if you want to be friends be friends. Not having cross faction gameplay is the biggest limiter for wow, the rpg element of it, and the playerbase total numbers. Give us player agency to make our own choices in this faction conflict.

3 Likes

Cycle was never meant to be broken. Alliance suck, stay away from us.

I agree, and we can kill each other later to celebrate our continued enmity.

3 Likes

Yes! We will hi five our mutually hatred and then stab each other :beers::clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

To kill as many people as possible and funnel their souls into the Maw to make it stronger.

1 Like