Rip affliction!

Blizzard,

Hot Fix Affliction

Thx,

Customer

2 Likes

Yeah, the AoE sucks.

More though for me it’s the lack of anything fun azerite trait wise. There’s not a single affliction trait that’s made the game play fun.

All dots last 5 seconds it feels like a f then it’s just reapply, reapply, shadowbolt(which feels weird btw, I’d rather have maelific grasp from Wratch back imo) and then reapply

1 Like

Sad… tell us we are getting a buff and nothing…
Perhaps we need a new class designer.

5 Likes

Like as if our dots were so good that we easily overpower and take the lead in multidot fights… right… nah. Still seeing all meele and people with instant cleaving destroy affliction.

4 Likes

corruption also plays a massive factor in that. but yeah my take before the raid even released was slightly off, but aff is still more than okay

1 Like

Aff doesn’t feel bad in the raid at all.

1 Like

This is why i said we should wait and see as far s raids go and just focus on the M+ problem Affliction has.

the problem with affliction is not just for M+, in pvp the nerf to DB makes us even more useless now, we cant do damage at all.

3 Likes

I haven’t played as a warlock main as long as you but I still use affliction. There really isn’t much difference and our damage seems to scale better the higher I get. I have caught up to my hunter just about damage wise. and we have about the same ilevel. When I was about 415 or so the damage was about 5k-8k lower than my hunter, and the only way to even come close was to blow all my CDs. I haven’t been able to raid yet because I was still on an east coast server and had just recently moved to a west server.

Well were they doing damage before? Were Affliction fine in PvP before? If losing 10% on DB was make or break in PvP than Affliction has other problems.

1 Like

Level 20 troll suggestions over there------->. Trash.

1 Like

lmao first of all this toon isnt lvl 20, second, i wasnt giving “suggestions”. You are the one trolling.

You aren’t making any points or is anyone who questions you automatically a troll.

2 Likes

Blizzard,

Hot Fix Affliction

Thx,

Customer

2 Likes

Is Siphon Life worth using if im going Grimoire of Sacrifice, am i getting more procs since i have more DoT’s up?

1 Like

Sac is capped for ppm. So more dots doesn’t mean more procs.

Of it where my game, is remove shadow bolt entirely.

Buff all the dots, but shorten the durations. Make the DOTs the real damage and not setup for the real damage.

I’m PvE, this makes them unique, sort of up there with hunters for mobility, but a very unique playstyle.

In PvP, rot comps become a thing again. Of dots are dangerous, then the game is more fun. LoS, cleanses, etc.

I’d keep them slow and tanky.

Make seed of corruption explode on impact, with a chance to plant other seeds on targets that are hit. Or make the seed stick, and it pulses damage without falling off.

And I’d give all the pets and interrupt, or make curse of tongues an interrupt and make it baseline.

8 Likes

Can’t think of a case where a spec is left dead and under-performing over the course of an entire 2 year expansion. We may be seeing this now with afflction. Once in a blue moon you see someone try to play it and that’s about it. Cata destro was pretty bad as well, but at least it was fun to play with remarkably good CC.

2 Likes

That is exaggerating a bit dont you think? granted i basically stopped playing after BoD, but in uldir affliction was great, and we were…mediocre in season 1 mythic +.

Also demo and destro were both left dead for most of legion. having dead specs is kinda the normal for warlocks.

1 Like

This is what happens when you bury your head in your rear, somehow missing that Aff has been a good raiding spec all of BFA.

3 Likes