Rip affliction!

8.3 changes were only a plain nerf, no fix to lack of aoe but now also they nerfed our single target damage again.

6 Likes

Warlock

• Affliction
    • The following pets now show up under players’ unit frames with a timer: Dreadstalkers, Vilefiend, and Grimoire: Felguard.
    • Deathbolt now deals 20% of the total remaining damage of the Warlocks’ damage over time effects on the target (was 30%).
    • Nightfall’s chance to trigger increased by 33%.
    • Nightfall now increases the damage of Shadow Bolt by 50% (was 25%).
    • Drain Soul damage increased by 50%.
      • Developers’ note: One of the key concepts for Affliction Warlock is spreading damage over time spells on a number of different targets. While Deathbolt keys off these types of spells, it provides more-than-expected burst damage and outperforms the other two talents in every situation. In addition to reducing Deathbolt’s effectiveness, we’re improving the other two talents on the tier to give more options to Affliction Warlocks.

Yeah…
just wow

For PvP, I’m looking at what numbers I have to work with, and it doesn’t seem like either Nightfall or DS would be better than the now nerfed Deathbolt.

Blizz knows our channeled spells can still be interrupted, right? :laughing:

5 Likes

At this point they need to do a hotfix to put DB back to 30% of the damage, and give our dots a flat 5% buff to damage. And honestly Shdowfury, and seed should be instant cast spells. These are all minor changes that could help substantially, and they aren’t remotely game changing. We are still paying the price for legion because they combined drain life and drain soul. IF drain soul didn’t have a healing component last expansion it would not have been crazy op. Enough is enough. FIX THE CLASS OR GIVE US ALL REFUNDS!

13 Likes

just pointing out affliction ate a slight potential ST nerf (sims to come), but it was also the only multidot spec that didnt have its dots nerfed going into a tier where 10/12 bosses have auxiliary targets for multidotting.

2 Likes

yea that is true. We didnt eat a 9-11% hit like Spriest and Boomkin. Thank you for providing us a ray of sunshine, on an other wise cloudy day. :grinning:

4 Likes

yeah, affliction will still be a potent progression spec in the coming tier, but i agree on the instant SF and maybe a much shorter cast time on seed down to something similar to HOG

1 Like

all im saying is that the Demon hunter aoe stun is similar to Shadowfury, it is instant cast. DK spread their dots with an instant cast. The things im asking for are already in game mechanics and not an issue. so why can we not get equal class treatment. If you prick us, do we not bleed?

15 Likes

Warlock’s also weren’t 250% ahead of all other classes.

It’s a shame that Affliction is a primary single target burst spec. We’re terrible multi dotters due to our dots being wet noodles unless buffed by DG etc

Affliction ate a nerf to darkglare, even though darkglare cooldown st burst is the only thing aff was good at.

1 Like

if this were a general lock thread id just say play destro on anything that has a second target due to how stupidly strong the spec is atm. but since this was an affy thread i was just replying in that sphere, you will be fine in spread cleave still, you’re not gonna be holding anyone back by playing affy. i agree with the commonly spoken on spec shortcomings, but the spec isnt dead and can still put out good damage with solid play.

1 Like

Gear level 421 and pull 30-35k dps on the boss spawns in mechagon. Not the best, and a bit less than BM Hunter with the same gear level but still fun none the less.

Wouldnt a better buff just be an Aura buff though. putting DB back at 30% would just create the problem it had originally.

1 Like

Agreed. I can see Seed having a cast time but closer to 1.5 (?) seconds, and yes, Shadowfury should be instant. And I still think teleport should be made baseline for aff.

2 Likes

amidst this mess, are we going with haunt or shadows embrace? Im assuming this question is only pertinent to those playing Drain soul.

haunt for ST, MAYBE SE for 2 target where you can reliably keep it up but thats actually gonna require some solid play

as always, you’re right, but the spec is still utterly gutted for M+/PvP which remains baffling to me.

I like to do M+ and PvP as much as I like to raid, maybe more, and it would be nice to be able to do those as Affliction, but with the lack of options and the poor damage spread, playing aff outside of raid is basically griefing your team.

3 Likes

in the bright side we got another mount in the blizzard store to keep us playing, what a joke.

There are zero Affliction over 2200 in 3s. Zero. The spec is probably in the worst place any spec has been at any point in the last two expansions.

It’s genuinely like bringing a 110 into the Arena.

8 Likes

As far as content i do(M+) ever since they gutted Sow the Seeds and artifact removal they have been pretty bad there. PvP ive heard they’ve been bad there as well just its something i do not do so not really comfortable commenting on it. Their boss damage is okay in M+ they just really need to pump out their AoE(specially Sow the Seeds). Its like one of those things thats a simple fix but Blizzard is too lazy to do just like with the tier 15 talents. Took them this long to fix something they could of done in 8.0. They are just being really lazy about class balancing/design and i have no clue why.

yup i agree wholely, in those pieces of content affliction is more or less a trap. 99% of my gameplay is raiding so unless im making an idiot outta myself thats what ill likely be referring to when it comes performance haha

and when we are interrupted we are dead in the water

3 Likes