Rip affliction!

Haven’t played affliction at all in BfA but I wouldn’t bet on it getting any significant buffs this xpack. It was the to-go super spec for every aspect of the game in Legion and apparently they want the spotlight off of it.

Now and at least from what I read from you guys, it’s pretty good for raiding and almost unplayable in PvP and M+. Hopefully they balance it, in shadowlands.

So far the numbers don’t seem any worse than they were before the patch, at least from what I’ve played around with in a few +10s over the last few days. I’m really enjoying Nightfall, buuuut that might just be me.

that’s good considering aff was literally the worst m+ dps in the game before the patch

1 Like

Unhappy with Affliction.

Last nerf was more than enough (pre 8.3)

This one much worse (8.3)

Stated purpose for doing nerf has failed - Deathbolt still sims highest - only change is dps loss

We were NOT over powered by any means before nerf

Please reverse nerf or increase Drain / NIghtfall - ALOT more.

This is my primary raid toon, I only do keys on him for chest since he is only good on Tyrannical weeks. - That is another problem.

Played a Lok since BETA - this is the first time I have posted a complaint. - Does that say anything to the developers?

9 Likes

I mained warlock for 14 years so nothing upsets me anymore about seasons of buff and nerf. I complained way more about a class that might be different: hunter.

Main Warlock since BETA. Always Affliction.

Rerolled for 8.3, it’s like night and day. Maybe they fix it in 9.0, but until then it’s like pulling teeth.

7 Likes

Yep. It is pretty obvious blizz was only thinking PvE when they made these changes. I mean, no way would I choose another channeled spell for PvP unless it was like some sort of nuke that hit for 100k after the first couple seconds, lol. And as other folks mentioned, Nightfall still barely procs and is still too low damage to convince me to pick it. So all I feel I’m left with is nerfed DB. :crazy_face:

It’s really sad but at this point I think I have to sideline my lock. I’m just not wanting to play destrocheese…

Is there a link somewhere indicating patch 9.0 will happen?

I only know Ion said 8.3 will be the last patch till expansion.

They know the content lull is coming, thus pushing for the 6 month subs with a free mount.

1 Like

Sadly just finally gave in and respecced from affy to destro for the first time since MoP. Hopefully it’s more bearable.

Oh it still is lol

Yes its called shadowlands. 9.0 is the pre patch to shadowlands. 8.3 is the final patch for BFA this is it.

2 Likes

Affliction feels really bad in the new raid, tons of adds and we still cant aoe them down, also the single target damage just got nerfed, sad, really sad…

Just make it so our mastery increases shadowbolt damage also. Buff dots by 5-10%. That’d be nice for pvp.

1 Like

Shadow bolt is fine as is. You need Shadowfury to be instant cast baseline (not talented) and the same for Seed of corruption. And to be honest, we need some form of blink or ice block to be baseline in pvp. Cause it is apparent that people just zerg warlocks in pvp and burn the down.

2 Likes

Eh I’d be happier with more damage in PvP. If they wanna buff our tankiness just make healthstone give us 100% health like in legion or drain life as an actual good heal. With that + portal we’d be almost as good as we were in legion with kiting + self heals. I also don’t like that grim of sac is the best. I like haunt + having a pet, but my damage is a lot less without grim of sac.

1 Like

Blizzard,

Hot Fix Affliction

Thx,

Customer

4 Likes

dev.team: lets give affliction other nerf!

1 Like

For pvp aff needs more damage and more dispel protection.

4 Likes

Losing legions artifact that would refund soul shards or reapply ua even if dispelled hurt us a lot. I also think darkglare being such a powerful cooldown directly led to dots being nerfed hardcore. Darkglare doesn’t fit the theme aff has had since vanilla. A consistent rot class, now it is more bursty than it is rot.

2 Likes

A stroke of genius to nerf an underperforming spec by nerfing a talent to make it closer to the other options. Why not just buff the other two more? Nothing makes people want to reroll a class to see a talent nerfed to balance it with the other two to then STILL be chosen. Also, I hope they change their mindsets on class changes because stripping away from an existing kit to then make them talent choices feels lazy af. Instead of letting players have access to a variety of playstyles you stream line it by making them talents to now have 1-3 ways to deal with certain situations (usually builds that are only single target or aoe). What a fall from grace, Activision Bizzard keeps digging their grave more and more separating from their community.

3 Likes

They only balance around raids (and even that is horrid). In their eyes Warlocks are fine and Affliction needed a nerf.

Just saying that our complaints aren’t read, considered nor contemplated. We’re the only ones who care about this.

2 Likes