Righteous Fury Mechanics == OP Paladin Threat (1k+ TPS)

tell me again how well your taunts against 13/15 naxx bosses went

Some mobs (most bosses in particular) are immune to taunt.
https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Taunt_(warrior_ability)

Considering it isnā€™t out yetā€¦

I can tell you how 10/10 bosses in MC can be taunted, though, if you want.

Cool. Whereā€™s your list?

show/tell me how to do it in Naxx on 13/15 bosses

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Naxxramas_(original)

plz enlighten us on each of these bosses in Naxx

I already did. You said my list was inaccurate.

You two are spiraling off topic and talking in circles, nobody cares about taunt able targets. Keep it about using creative game mechanics to make prot pally a raid tank and theory craft from there.

3 Likes

Except tanks, since itā€™s sort of relevant.

you also said that symbols of kings cost 27silver a piece lol and a Paladin would have mana issues while swinging a 1.5 swing speed axe with SoW/JoW on the boss nevermind the fact that you listed a completely made up list of taunt immune bosses lol

Meant the people in this thread about using greater blessingsā€¦of course tanks care :stuck_out_tongue: But they already gonna know the fight before going in and who can be tauntedā€¦hopefully.

Which I corrected. Unlike yourself, I can admit I made a mistake. The cost was not integral to my point.

Yep.

Still waiting on your list.

Well, the comment was made in reference to one of the reasons Paladin tank is inferior. The inability to taunt is relevant to that point.

Knowing how many of the bosses are immune to taunt also impacts the validity of that argument. If only ONE boss can be taunted, obviously taunt is largely irrelevant.

If only ONE boss canā€™t be taunted, then not having taunt is sort of a big deal. Obviously the real amount falls somewhere in between. I have a list of bosses that are supposedly taunt immune. He disagrees with the list, but refuses to provide his own (because he doesnā€™t actually know).

I do have a definitive list of bosses in Phase 1 that canā€™t be taunted, though:
Onyxia.

again, from the guy who has continually spread false information from thread to thread to thread

Says the guy who still hasnā€™t given his own list. How can you say itā€™s misinformation if you donā€™t even have the information yourself to prove otherwise?

Still waiting on that list.

pay me 27 silver first

So you can hold aggro for 30 seconds?

1k threat every 1.5 seconds can last forever with 1.5 swing speed weapon on Flurry Axe, itā€™s bonus swings, SoW/JoW and even longer with Black Grasp of the Destroyer gloves

It is kind of odd that mainstream WoW database sites like wowhead donā€™t just have a flag for what bosses are taunt immune that makes it easy to search/filter and get a complete list.

They should add that.

Exactly. 27 silver for 30 seconds of aggro.

Speaking of misinformation.

Still waiting on that list, by the way.

Iā€™ve been wary about wowhead lately. A lot of their information has been incorrect. Iā€™m being patient, though. Thereā€™s a lot of content to go through, and the things they get wrong are mostly just oversight, Iā€™m sure.

That said, it would be a nice feature. Iā€™m sure the comments can provide some insight into that. For example, comments on Onyxia mention sheā€™d immune to taunt. Surely you could find similar comments for bosses that are immune.

So you can basically spam heals on yourself with -100% pushback? Guess paladins are bis aoe tanks after all.

Sadly for Prot Paladins threat for Paladin healing was nerfed to 50% of other healers to avoid heal tankingā€¦however Holy Paladins rejoiced!

There are mobs in MC and BWL that can be taunted. Its been so long that I donā€™t have a list.

But thats how we used aggro leapfrogging, without the ability to use taunt it wouldnā€™t have worked, but it did on the fights we tested and use it on.

Taunt shouldnā€™t be needed as no mob in MC or BWL will cause a threat shed on only the primary target.

In retrospect though, I can see taunt being useful, if you have crappy tank communication, or your voice communication channel is spammed with yapping during encounters.

During Vanilla I played with friends from EQ, so we communicated pretty well and only the tanks or raid leader talked during a fight except to announce AEā€™s in regards to battle rezzes going out so people didnā€™t die promptly after accepting a rez. We started with teamspeak and then went to Vent.

There just really isnā€™t a mechanic that requires a taunt, but if coordination is crapā€¦

Ony is just maintaining a tight threat stack list with the tanks to spread out fireballsā€¦but again if coordination is lacking, and someone is outpacing everyone and eats multiple fireballs you will have an issueā€¦but she is taunt immune anywaysā€¦Tank 2 your up!!!