Righteous Fury Mechanics == OP Paladin Threat (1k+ TPS)

Good Gods could Ohshift be any more triggered? lol. Someone should report the daylights out of them for trolling, this whole thread is a massive joyride of screeching to defend a position that’s just dumb. “hurrdurr is spensive to do dat”!
… So what?

9 Likes

would u mind adding me in game capernaum#1930 @askalon would love to pick your brain on prot

2 Likes

It’s honestly hilarious that Ohshift keeps saying that we aren’t accepting of where we fall short. They think that since we are now easily usable on 90+% of boss fights that we some how think that we are the best tanks for every fight. Gotta have a minimum 1 troll per paladin topic or it isn’t a paladin topic.

The trolls wouldn’t get on a warlock thread that found a way to get 90% mitigation and 1k tps so that they could tank. Nah, warlocks tanked officially in vanilla because they had at least one fight where they were just better so even though they can’t sustain 1k tps beyond 1.5 min they already know they have limitations because of preconceived perceptions of niche tanking. In reality the trolls would be calling for nerfs because warlock is already a tough to beat fight in pvp.

It’s like trolls think paladins are all just Killerdukis sadly.

7 Likes

The main issue is also the difference between theory and resultant…ie where the rubber meets the road so to speak.

Most assume 40 1.5s GCD in computations.

However parsing spam logs has proven thats about 36 per minute not 40. Usually input lag, latency, and human error reduces that max value.

2 GCDs are for Seals.
6 GCDs are for Rank 1 Holy Shield.

Leaving 28 for Greater Blessings.

The other problem you run into is by the end of BWL a Paladin will be 500 AC and 200 to 300 Hps short of a warrior due to a lack of full offslot tank gear.

By using Sagefish and other low MP/5 consumables you are reducing your Effective Health at a time when EH becomes the most important. An example would be 25 STA chops with Kings is 275 HPs…that’s a sizeable amount of Hps to give up for low MP/5 considering the regen of SoW and JoW.

Additionally your computations for SoW and JoW are off. Frontal facing boss avoidance during Vanilla and Classic is higher than most realized…without any hit it can approach ~18%…that reduces mana regen opportunities.

With that being said I myself had no issue doing it and could maintain most of my tank profile until AQ40 before itemization issues and the non scaling threat values were a problem I couldn’t find a solution to.

One other note though is even on mobile transitions, once a mob has awareness, Paladins generate more threat by far then any other tank :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a coincidence, just a few minutes ago, I was just done working on a spreadsheet on MP5 consumption and regeneration for various rotations!
Most of our stuff seems to line up pretty closely.

docs[dot]google[dot]com/spreadsheets/d/1IFnhjPNFkX_vcziP6HRg1Gqlh6qtluYYMceCCiVWGUM/edit?usp=sharing

The general conclusions from what looking at the data is that most rotations involving GBoK spam will have consumption rate of +400 MP5.
However, as intimidating as that consumption rate looks, there’s several mana regeneration sources that can get you close to and even over +400 MP5.

1 Like

lol askalon you can post links in these forums with the </> button for preformatted text :stuck_out_tongue:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IFnhjPNFkX_vcziP6HRg1Gqlh6qtluYYMceCCiVWGUM/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

The amount of salt In this thread against paladin tanks could feed a country for a month.

This thread reminds me of 2007 when tbc came out and warriors never accepted paladin tanks until wrath lol. Good times. (I was one of those stubborn warriors refusing to allow a subpar paladin take my place lol)

With this discovery paladins are fully capable of tanking most encounters. Helping the games community breathe a little since tanks are in high demand and this method of tanking is even more of a joke than warrior or Druid. You literally bind Gbok to mouse wheel and then mind holy shield to the other direction and you are good to go for 99% of the playerbase.

I don’t see why people couldn’t just post. Oh cool paladins are doing a thing good on them. Instead it’s the same old childish 2006 arguments of not my raid slot!

8 Likes

Seal of wisdom? Ive never had issues with mana on bosses. Only on trash.

And if the other tank is ALSO a paladin then what? You see yet again you are relying on a warrior being present.

Onyxia isn’t tauntable. Any other tanking class including other protection paladins could have easily picked her up if they were high up on the threat table. Onyxia’s fireballs kill threat on their target, and not even a warrior is immune to that.

Nice try, though.

7 Likes

Or fill an ocean

I’ll see if I get to tank Ony tonight, heh. Should be having some nice fun at Majordomo on the adds.

You basically have all dps do white hits on phase 1 while all the tanks try to get as much aggro as possible.

Phase 2 RDPS goes ham.

Phase 3 all DPS hold back until the tanks get Oni-chan back under control.

Which would make sense as a come-back if Feral Tanking or Moonglow Healing were bad…

They sub par CoMpArEd to WaRrIoR durrrr

2 Likes

Prot warriors do no damage…Ru ok?

Yet they do more than Protection Paladins.

How is taunting relevant to a class with no taunts?

facepalm

The fact they don’t have a taunt is the entire point. It’s a detriment to the spec/class to be a tank without a taunt.

1 Like

I dunno I seemed to tank ony just fine last night using Gbok I didn’t even use RF and still agro’d Her for phase 3. Should work just fine :smiley:

2 Likes