Right-click reporting is destroying PvP for players. It's completely toxic and is massively abused

How does it cut down on customer service reports to have massive amounts of unjust bans being doled out by the toxic playerbase abusing the system?

Where does it “cut down” on CS reports? How? For MONTHS we had the majority of people here crying out for Blizzard to ban bots because reports did NOTHING. Now all of a sudden everyone says the reports automatically ban and suspend people to “cut down” on CS work.

What a joke.

Anyways, I’ll login right now and AFK in Stormwind for you. I’ll be at the tree near the AH.

1 Like

During the olden’ times (of 15 years ago) every report was manually scanned, reviewed, and processed with an “automated” response. To lower the time an actual human has to deal with those reports the RCR system was added and totals up the amount of times a player is reported for something.

The trigger number is a secret but from my previous testing it appears that the number is around 50 - which takes a consorted effort.

Lowering the amount of time an actual human has to review that saves time and in turn money in the form of labor.

You’re not business focused and that’s fine.

It will take some time to gather the people together. Perhaps I can recruit people on heartseeker. Let’s find out.

Who is this system designed to target? Your conspiracy theory is absolutely insane.

Why would Blizzard implement an automatic banning system that is ineffective against bots and only serves to allow large numbers of toxic players to conspire to ban innocent players?

The excuses are already being made. Anytime, let’s go.

Concerted.

1 Like

I said “Shall we set up a date and time” as it’s not something that can quickly be performed at the drop of a hat and requires a great deal of effort. That’s how they keep it from being abused to a massive margin.

I have logged into Heartseeker and have whispered you. Letusbegin.

The issue is that blizzard hasn’t mass banned people who exploit it.

Give out a few bans to the groups who mass report falsely it would stop.

There’s little reason to continue this frivolous argument, whisper me when you’re ready to embarrass yourself.

They already do punish people abusing the system.

2 Likes

Really? Why not use that power to ban all the botters, if that is what you claim on how it works. Why waste it reporting players…

It would require all those that are willing to report to be on top of those who are being reported, currently the most participants I’ve been able to assemble in places such as felwood have been 5.

You are saying that there is a system that can ban players for running their mouths and it’s not being used to shut down boitters and exploiters? Why would Blizzard put something like that it place, if it did exist. If it did, Botters wouldn’t even exist in this game.

1 Like

Forums: “Ban waves only happen once every 6 months! Botters never get banned outside waves!”

Forums: “You can automatically ban botters by reporting them!”

The forums and their contradictions never cease to amaze me. This guy is claiming an automatic ban system exists to cut down on CS work and at the same time is saying that it’s impossible to get enough people to report cheaters to get the system to activate.

Bizarre.

1 Like

Very much so.

There was a thread created earlier this week just like this one. The guy claimed that he wanted to just grind out honor and was getting false reported. In that case everything pointed out to him lying.

I said the same thing back then. If they are actually abusing reporting then report them back. False reporting is not allowed.

However there is just as much of a chance that he got banned because he was AFKing or botting in battlegrounds or something like that. This isn’t even about you. You don’t know what he was doing in his off time.

I’ve stopped attempting the report as it seems Delimicus does not approve of the statement I was using. I asked for a replacement statement to use to which he was unwilling to provide. Leading me to the conclusion that they are no longer willing to participate.

How sad. I was working at it quite hard and talking to multiple people at once. Oh, well.

Things like this do not happen at the drop of a hat but it appears he wanted to put pressure on me in some attempt to prove me wrong.

I’ve switched gears into seeing if the statement “false reporting is punishable.” BRB on that.

lol

:clown_face:

2 Likes

my hat, not your.

That kind of flies in the face of the report system being automatic then?

automated, not automatic.

Most of the botters are in instances, unable to be targeted for the purposes of right click reporting.

Bots don’t talk.

There’s plenty of evidence of suspensions being automatically handed out for mass RCR. Of course, Blizzard’s response is “yes, we noticed a massive influx of reports on this player right before they were suspended. They were suspended for a totally unrelated reason. Also, we’ve lifted the suspension immediately.”

Then the Blizzard apologists come in and start lapping at the teat.

The report system isn’t automated; the punishments are. You still need the people to do the reporting.

still, automatic or automated, if a system like that existed, there would not be ANY delay with a ban.

You said it right there.

That means someone looked at it then.

You can still right click on their name to report, they don’t need to say anything in game to report.

1 Like