Right Click Report - Not Going Away

You mean the guy who asked for a silence and got one? I’m with the GM’s on that one.

Wellp. I’m going home. You have to be willingly ignorant in this case. I’m out!

I think I have said it a dozen times already in this thread.

We need punishment for those who abuse the reporting system.
However getting rid of the reporting system is not a good answer either (this is my personal take on it mind you)

Dude, until GM review doesn’t discount the possibility that there is a time limit before it automatically expires.

I didn’t say that it’s a fact that it’s automatically removed after 3 hours. It’s incredibly hard to get a straight answer for the specifics on every little detail of this system because Blizzard is usually purposely vague on these kinds of things.

It could be that the squelch MUST go through a GM review now, I don’t know. The system could have changed in that manner when they introduced the Silence penalty system.

I’m going to use a line you used on me.

Give me a source it says 3 hours. It doesn’t say what you think it says.

But, hey, here’s the thing, putting pettiness down for a bit.

Either way, you and I can both agree it’s bad to give the keys to a car to a bunch of feral squirrels who can:

1. Get you chat restricted for 3 hours (minimum), or, possibly, days if you aren’t a big name (GMs take days to answer basic tickets).
  2. Get you DCed on top of it at an inopportune time.

I never claimed it was 3 hours. I said I’ve seen multiple posts from other people that claimed it expires in 3 hours. I’ve also seen some posts claiming it expires in 24 hours. I’ve now linked an MVP post claiming it will eventually automatically expire.

You’re not very good at this.

I can see that you’ve been playing for about 10 years. How many times were you subject to abuse from the auto-squelch system?

An MVP is not a Blizzard employee. Not an official source.

And - I even gave an example of it being temporary and expiring automatically. Can you or can you not agree that any variation or abuse of this would be absolutely terrible?

Because I’ve never seen anyone banned for abusing it.

As for me being abused? I stay the heck out of things like Trade, General, or anything like that. Why would you -ever- participate in any of those chats in a capital city? You can’t really ask someone who isn’t interested in testing the theory, nor wanting marks on their account to give it a shot.

Because chatting online is part of the social experience that makes a game like WoW what it is.

Abuse of the system is bad. Not having the system is worse.

Looks at ignore list.

It’d be a real shame if I didn’t have to hear those mean words anymore. I mean, whatever will I do with a right click and ignore option? No… they must be PUNISHED for daring assault my eyes with anything I dislike.

Quack.

2 Likes

See you on your alt!
:wave:

:man_facepalming:

The right-click report and auto-squelch systems were primarily put into place to combat Gold Seller spam and other illegitimate advertisements. I do not care what people say in the video game. I care that the systems to report cheating and advertising of cheating services are as potent as they can be.

Yes - and there was, originally, a right click report FOR RMT (2007-ish?).

That’s, really, the only thing I think should be there.

For cheating, open tickets. We have a button for that.

It’s called the “Report Spam” option. It’s still there today, in fact, it’s the option that has the potential for abuse that you’re complaining about.

Yes, true.

But, no. It opens up 4 options for people to use, currently.

Spamming - I can agree this one. Someone was shouting prolapsed orifices with some friends, it’s always been there.
Language - Ducking heck, does anyone remember Barrens chat? > When reporting for this, it should just tell you to use your ignore list like a reasonable human being.
Name - Seen worse in Barrens Chat. Should tell you to use your ignore list like a reasonable human being. Unless on an RP-realm, which has different Terms of Use, but, even then, a ticket would work fine.
Cheating - I agree with this one.

The major issue isn’t the EXISTENCE of right-click reporting. The major issue is the AUTOMATED PUNISHMENT of right-click reporting.

Wait, wait, wait. Is your problem with Blizzard’s rules or the potential abuse of the RCR system?

Is the potential abuse just an excuse for you to make a case for the removal of Blizzard’s rule enforcing tool?

I think you misread what I said completely.

My problem is this, period.

The punishment should not be an automated system (even temporary). The only two options should be spamming and cheating. Because, in either case, there’s no mistaken, “Oh, they just ‘thought’ they were breaking the rules.”

It’d be much easier to catch abuse in that case, I’d wager.

Regardless, I’m under the belief of, “It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.”

Just a philosophy.

1 Like

Uhhh, nope. I think I read it exactly as you said it.

You want the system removed so there’s no way for people to report chat and name violations. How else could I read this? When reporting for language it should just tell you to use ignore? This has nothing to do with abuse of the RCR system, nothing. Using it as Blizzard intends for it to used is not abuse.

Incorrect. If there’s that much of an issue (name and language), you should have to go through the issue of actually opening a ticket.

I’d wager the reason a lot of bans weren’t passed out back in the day (see Barrens chat) was because it wasn’t worth the effort.

Heck, the suggestion to use your ignore system (what it’s there for) first and foremost could solve about 99% of language and name-related issues and not clog the ticket system up nearly as much.

1 Like