Right Click Report - Not Going Away

Right-click reported.

Would your life end if you just didn’t bother reading it?
Or giving a crap about it if you did?

You know. Be an adult.

Keep pretending it is about opinions.

1. Layering is required. Stop being a child.
  2. Batching isnt broken.
  3. Leeway isn’t broken. Blizzard has already confirmed it’s working 100% as intended.
  4. They are using 1.12 vanilla AV.
  5. Stop acting like a juvenile.
2 Likes

Because I don’t have an active subscription or beta access, so can’t reply to the Beta Test section of the forums?

Yes. Tell me what I really think, mind-reading detective guy.

I don’t care what you think. Your opinion means zilch to me. My only concern is that public communication channels remain most clear for those who wish to use them for their designed communication.

Your “freedom of speech” in no way trumps the intended communication of a public channel.

1 Like

I welcome evidence that the squelch is being used for battleground strategy, and without sufficient consequences. My own research hasn’t led to an explosion of examples, the like of which I would expect from people struggling for rank, and never a single piece in a gaming publication.

As for the sometime hyperbole about one’s individuality being squashed by this feature, I suggest to your attention the following: “Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people.” That’s from the CoC, under “Harassing or Defamatory,” and it looks pretty broad to me. How many petty jabs are in this thread alone? If the fun police were as dangerous as some say, one would think there wouldn’t be any insults left.

1 Like

If you don’t care what I think, why are you so quick to presume (and wrongly) what I think. Seems like a form of caring. You care enough to just make it up. Maybe this is just evidence that some people shouldn’t have access to RCR… they might assume to know what the person is REALLY thinking.

Do me a favor, genius, and define “abusive” behavior.

Don’t worry, I’ll wait.

1 Like

Welcome to conservatism, the real progressives.

1 Like

Odd, it’s as if you weren’t the one who pointed at “opinion”, the post which I responded to that led us to this point in the thread.

Or here’s a thought: know your audience.

Everyone adapts their behavior to their environment. WoW is no different.

Your opinion was that people who didn’t agree with your point had no respect for others legitimately trying to communicate like “civilised humans”. I claimed that you must view people as “uncivilised” because their opinion might differ from yours. Then you said I was “pretending” that it was about opinions. So I called you a mind-reader, to which you replied “I don’t care what you think”, which you kind of seem to, given that you’re making up what I think by saying I’m “pretending”.
I don’t see why I should have to explain the conversation we just had to you, and this will be the last I reply to you, because you’re wasting my time.

For the last time, in case you missed it.
I would expand the ignore list infinitely and ignore people rather than RCR. If I ignore somebody, I am not denying other people the ability to see what the person I ignored is saying. If I was to use RCR, then I am presuming to think I know what is best for everyone else and wouldn’t be able to stomach using the function because I don’t want to take away the right of people to choose what they see.
Ignoring has the same end result for the person who can’t handle what is being said, yet gives no chance of authoritarian crybabies using RCR and denying me and others the right to choose what I want to see or not by getting that person banned instead. Therefore, it is no wonder to me that you are advocating for RCR, particularly given that you referred to people earlier that were advocating for no RCR as “roaches”.
Good riddance.

And as always the problem with the ignore list is people had to see their garbage in the first place.

RCR reporting with a squelch and potential account action is motivation to not say something in the first place.

Again, creating a climate of fear by having a fairly vague EULA that says things vulgar language is not allowed when the game has a profanity filter is not great. I’m sure most people swear sometimes.
And there was no RCR in vanilla.

2 Likes

So maybe just be careful what you say, while people might swear sometimes I don’t walk around say a mall shouting profanities at the top of my lungs. It’s really not that hard.

1 Like

Your claim was wrong. :man_shrugging:

My primary concern is being able to communicate the topics for which specific public channels were designed to be used for. If you are disrupting that communication, either by trolling, spamming, chuck norris “jokes”, etc, then you should be reported and if you disrupt enough people to report you, your access to said channels be squelched. You clearly have zero respect for those who want to have clear communication, so why should I or anyone else in those public channels shed a tear if you get your access taken away?

I do not care about your “opinions”. I care about use of public channels for clear, civilized and uninterrupted communication. I really cannot make it more clear than that, but I have no doubt you will read something into it that is completely bizarre, missing my point by a mile.

2 Likes

Eloraell, Watedlife has a point.

There is an issue there that he points out.

If 1,000 people are listening to something and the threshold to silence the speaker is 50 and 50 people cast a vote to silence while the other 950 vote to not silence (by not casting a vote because that’s their only option) then the threshold is met and the silencers win even though the tally was 50 to 950.

2 Likes

You don’t deserve the freedoms given to you.

2 Likes