Rezan dodged a bullet

Hello, apparently there are some changes in regards of the Loa in faerie land.
Initially, Rezan was meant to somewhat fuse with Vol’Jin so they both get reincarnated together, but likely as one being which was extremely concerning.

But it appears that this plot was scrapped and he will play some bigger role:

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/quest=59856/rezan-loa-of-kings

(and I heard that the part where Vol’Jin enters the pod that mentions Rezan sneaking inside is scrapped)

I cannot still be 100% sure that this plot isn’t entirely scrapped, if Blizzard taught me anything it’s to not be certain of anything. But this makes me hopeful that they won’t do an enormous disservice to both Rezan and Vol’jin and giving them fusion and making some strange abomination out of it.

I’m happy our Holy T-Rex is back. :t_rex: and he dodged a bullet.

25 Likes

Didn’t dodge so well the first time. Oh yes I did.

7 Likes

Did you purposely skip the entire text just to reply to the topic?

6 Likes

I read it. Rezan isn’t going to be fused with Vol’jin into a frankenloa. I just didn’t have anything to add. It’s not like the whole loa thing is particularly interesting given how often they die.

1 Like

They don’t die that often. It’s funny that it’s coming from nelf whos ancients were also mostly dead and also easily killed.

5 Likes

What do you want me to say? Our ancients are pretty boring too. In fact they’re worse than Loa, at least the Loa defend your people. Ours sit around and remain neutral until a conflict threatens everyone. It’s a shame that loyalty is rewarded with betrayal most of the time(especially to poor Shadra).

Well I’m not really a troll IRL so they’re not really “My people”. But I am happy indeed that Loa have also personality and the loa choice speaks a lot about particular troll.

But regardles of that. I just wanted to highlight that we just avoided some really awful narration. And considering that Blizz is usually deaf for story feedback it was truly a lucky turn.

14 Likes

Eh you know what I mean. It’s shorthand, I don’t really pretend to be a Night Elf plotting the death of Horde players in real life either. I’m delusional but not that delusional.

What was bad about it? That it creates some kind of Loa Superman?

2 Likes

No it’s sacrificing 2 characters to make some weird abomination.

Imagine fusing Tyranda with Ysera.

These are completely different characters that bing different themes and experiences. The fusion would be awful because what said new character would actually be? Would Vol’Jin absorb Rezan, or Rezan Vol’Jin? Or it would create something completely new which in essence would kill the other two to give some mockery product.

19 Likes

Rezan’s plan hasn’t been revealed yet. He may yet sacrifice himself for or fuse with Vol’jin. To my knowledge the old cutscene where Bwonsamdi mentions Rezan doing something to Vol’jin is still in play. This may be building on that as Rezan does not return from the Maw with Ashamane, Vol’jin, Hir’eek, and Shadra unless the scene changes.

I’m not opposed to Rezan empowering Vol’jin, as he still may be the reason Vol’jin escaped wherever he was being held to begin with. However, I’d still like the Loa of Kings to receive the respect he is due if he is to permanently leave us.

De Loa work in mysterious ways…

3 Likes

I get it. It’s like Tigerhawk from Beast Wars.

1 Like

I hope you’re wrong. I’d see it as a great Waste.
Rezan is unique character and living embodiment of Zandalari. I’d rather see him reincarnate at some point to be back with Zandalari.

7 Likes

I don’t see how they could do that though, didn’t Bwom pretty much take up Rezans title after Rezan was killed?

He did. But Bwonsamdi already said that he can step down few times already as a prime Loa so long he gets a proper recognition.

3 Likes

That’s great news! I hope we will get Rezan himself back. It was so weird to see the connections and perhaps fusion they wanted to do with him and Vol’jin. I’m so glad if that’s not the case.

Yes, it is interesting. For me it’s the only interesting thing about Shadowlands. I see this entire expansion already as boring (aside from the loa).

I hope not, that would be a big mistake in my book.

4 Likes

I just mean in the sense it tends to be rather repetitive. They come back, they get stabbed in the back by their followers for power, they die, repeat. Trolls don’t seem to respect their Loa when they’re pushed against a wall.

A view, true. It was mostly Shadra, the others not so much.
Well… now Hakkar too.

But that’s more of the problem how Trolls are used in general in WoW as lot pinatas.

8 Likes

Also all of the Northrend Loa except for Quetz’lun who straight up wasn’t taking their crap(she’s my favourite). It’s a shame we never saw her again.

It’s not the same way. Because we only saw them once and their story was unique until BfA and it’s a sad story. It wasn’t even clear if Mam’toth could ever return. Now we know, he can.
The fall of Zul’Drakk was a real tragedy.

Now in Shadowlands we will see (or hear from) some reforming. But that’s again interesting for every Troll fan and a nice nod to that part of the lore.

Quetz’lun was my favorite too. She was great in taking her revenge. But don’t forget Har’koa.

4 Likes

It’s not as common as you make it be. Zul’Drak was a disaster trolls were fighting back the Scourge and we players helped not the trolls but the Scourge in this case. In Zuldazar these were traitors who went against the Loa to weaken Zandalar, hence why they killed Rezan, Shadra and corrupted Hir’eek.

It’s not a common thing for trolls to go against the Loa. There are centuries of undisturbed worship. And we have some of examples were trolls came to defend a loa.

And yeah I’m glad that even Mam’toth is returning as it was the only Loa that was meant to be dead for good.

7 Likes