Rezan dodged a bullet

The problem is the questline doesn’t mention bringing Rezan back with us like it does the other three (Shadra, Hireek, Ashamane)

We have to wait until the final in-game cinematic is implemented

Well, we know Vol’jin is becoming a Loa, soo…maybe Rezan sacrifices his anima to bring Vol’jin back?

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking, he’ll chose to sacrifice himself to save Vol’jin, Hireek, Shadra, and Ashamane

1 Like

Oh no, spit that out. This shouldn’t happen!

2 Likes

Well here’s hoping that’s the first and last I ever hear about this asinine idea. About the only thing they have in common is dying absurdly anti-climatically after a lot of hype.

I very much like that the Darkspear and Zandalari are distinct things. I mean, most notably the Darkspear don’t appear to have a monarchy so I don’t know why one would become a Loa of Kings.

And would the Zandalari like this? I’m sure Vol’Jin’s respected as a fine troll to many Zandalari. But he’s not Zandalari. He’s the head of a previous to WC3 fairly obscure remote tribe of islanders. I could see them looking at Sen and Vol’Jin as being pioneers that proved working with the other races of Azeroth is far more beneficial than trying to stand alone. But making him god seems - like that’s a lot.

8 Likes

I don’t really mind one way or another as long as they explain what the hell actually happened with Vol’jin. Someone powered him up and it was someone strong enough that even Eyir can’t replicate it.

It was An’she :sun_with_face:

An’she saw Elune had Tyrande and was like “let me get one of those”

2 Likes

I assume that Uther is the Hand of Valor.

No, it was Rezan who saved Vol’Jin.

1 Like

I would not count your rescued Loa before they hatch. That will only set you up for disappointment. It is very possible that Rezan’s path is still deeply entwined with Vol’jin’s, and I highly doubt that Blizz would scrap the Loa’jin side story itself.

Personally, I will just count it as a wind that Hir’eek and Shadra are both being rescued and purified. Getting Rezan back too would be great, but I’m not gonna get my expectations up.

Nah

We don’t know that

Rezan’s “Loa of a Tale” mentions he has the “glory of the sun”, and curiously the Zandalari Prelates can access Light through him. His mother was Xibalba, who was a Loa who caused death/decay to all who saw her.

But who was Rezan’s father?

An’she! :sun_with_face:

Rezan and Cenarius are basically first cousins through their First One parents.

I hope you’re right. I also hope Rezan gets more rad moments.

1 Like

I hope it was Rezan. Mostly just because of Eyir going on about Vol’jin being touched by the Hand of Valor, and it’s amusing to imagine Rezan trying to boop Vol’jin with his tiny little T. rex hands.

7 Likes

I like how after 10,000 years, they still havent found time to give Ashamane some attention. Meanwhile Ursoc has gone through Ardenweald -at least- twice, and the first time was a few thousand years ago at least based off claws of Ursoc lore. Granted, the devs have said each xpac has it’s own lore, so doesnt really have to try to comply to the history of the universe lmao.

Far be it from me to defend the devs. But, in all fairness, Ashamane has only existed for, like, two expansions.

Now, her role in the upcoming expansion so far is just to have been kidnapped by Mueh’zala (and that’s presumably why she never reincarnated… and… no one noticed, somehow), and to stand around in a cutscene. Which, for sure, is definitely lackluster.

I would hate to mix Tauren mythology with Trollish stuff. Tauren already have very little going for them, and it would be great disservice to snatch their own thing and merge it with already complex troll religion.

Zandalari couldsimply have their own Solar Loa for their druidsin stead of cheap Lun’alai.

5 Likes

I’m afraid you will not enjoy the next few years of WoW as the First Ones are developed then

Likely not, because I’m really reaching the point where I’m close to giving up on this stupid franchise, it’s getting more embrassing with time to keep with it’s lore.

5 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t realize it devalues Azeroth’s gods by super powering everything else. Elune, in this example, is a member of “Everything Else” because she’s a first one.

I feel the same way.