Rewrite the Character Transfer FAQ

On the Web site, the FAQ for character transfers says that accout/server transfers share a 3 day cooldown. That is obviously FALSE, because apparently there is a 30 day cooldown for account transfers.

Wasted my time trying to find this out, when a correct FAQ could have done the job.

It’s already in there if you select the type of transfer you are doing from the drop-down.

3 Likes

I dunno what you’re looking at, but when selecting Blizzard Account, it clearly states that you cannot transfer to another realm for 30 days.

5 Likes

At the bottom of the Support page for Character Transfer FAQ, there is a button. “Was this article useful” You select yes or no and add your feedback there.

4 Likes

Characters are not able transfer to another realm for 30 days after an account transfer.

Seems pretty clear to me. But if you have any feedback for a FAQ article, please follow Thundertotem’s advice:

4 Likes

I’m sorry if you did not see the information, Bellatryx. As Thundertotem mentioned, please use the “Was this article useful” option within the article if you feel that information should be more prominently stated. Our Support Articles are reviewed continually and that feedback can help when we’re making updates.

5 Likes

I did feedback from the page. To those asking what’s not clear, this is actually pretty clear:

1 Like

The way I understood it, to initiate a transfer there is a 3 days cooldown, but when the character is finally transferred, there is a 30 day cool before you can transfer THAT character again.

3 Likes

That’s talking about shared cooldowns across your entire account.

It’s quite clear that an account transfer locked that particular character for 30 days.

2 Likes

There isn’t a shared cooldown across your account. Just on the character you transferred.

1 Like