Rewards past +10's

The main point is that the “FotM” just doesn’t perform the advertised DPS people see in Wlogs unless they exist in a group which makes the appropriate pull sizes.

Have we been seeing bigger pulls become more commonplace with the VDH fiasco, sure, but this holiday is likely coming to an end.

It will be interesting to see how much the dynamic of Tyrannical and Fortifed being active together will change what is achievable. Groups will need SO much more DPS to tear through bullet sponge adds and bosses in time.

Tyrannical keys clear faster usually, the tippy top keys in the world finish now with 3-5 min remaining. I don’t think they complete them in time with both these affixes active. Especially considering if Guile is multiplicative to key level, it essentially adds +1 key level and some change. So we probably see at least -2 key levels from what is TOP level currently just because of those factors.

Ultimately what all this will lead to is probably, quad pulls being a minimum requirement to time 12+ keys on order clear at all. Unfortunately if you wipe a single time, a key will realistically be bricked due to -75seconds + travel time so I do think this will lead to less players participating in high M+. Title could reasonably be 15s

Yeah, and we should remove all rewards from mythic raiding. People only do mythic raids because they enjoy challenging content.

Agreed wholeheartedly, I just wanted to be clear that in this season due to various other circumstances the overlap between title range keys and keys where this sort of behavior isn’t necessary is significantly smaller than in prior seasons.

It’s always fun when someone posts their M+ logs for a +14 and asks why they as a shadow priest aren’t doing as much damage as they see top players doing or why they’re getting beaten by specs like BM hunter and the only answer I can give them is “Key too low”.

1 Like

The only thing that should be added is a character-specific memory and an account-specific memory per season. Like how Diablo 3 had the summary stats for each character played in the season.

That’s a reward in itself as long as someone has the ability to point to it, and provide some link or showcase where other players can see it.

Titles? Achievements? FOMO content? Unnecessary.

Let the stats speak for themselves.

The marketing team should focus on the mavens – the developers should satisfy the mean. Otherwise, you build a game nobody wants to play except for a few hardcore nuts. (Honestly, design should satisfy their passion in hopes that passion is shared and multiplied. Otherwise, it becomes a game which chases trend instead of establishing standards.)

1 Like

I dont think the majority of the wow playerbase finds 8-10s to be trivial. But if its such a issue for you than just make the “trivial” 8-10 reward a different color so it doesnt impede on the “ego” of mythic raiders.

Cosmetics past 10 would be fine, but people will just start crying about “fomo” or whatever.

Player power needs to stop at 10 though.

1 Like

It’s trivial compared to collecting the mythic color tint from the raid.

Anyway, my point is there are 4 PvE color tints you can get either from raiding or mythic+.

Adding an additional tint from mythic+ only is kind of lame, and seems they should make a raid only tint then as well (the mythic raid tint)?

Fine by me.

1 Like

this just isnt true. that range of mythic+ score you are referring to is basically title. thats the equivalent to the r1 pvp title, and significantly surpasses glad. there are ~800 people in the entire server that get title. i understand that rank one is about half that, maybe a little less, but thats pretty much as close as you are going to get to the same. especially considering group size for the events. pvp being 2-3 people, and mythic+ being 5.

i would argue that glad is considerably harder to get than 3.2k or so in mythic+, but i imagine the amounts of people are similar. that typically ends up being top 1pct of mythic + players

DF S4 has low participation because it’s season 4, and a lot of people are taking a break before TWW comes out.

And since it’s S4 without raid prog that people care about, you don’t have the large surge of raiders gearing up quickly early in the season the only way it’s viable to do so (M+ spamming).

2 Likes

Some people on the forums have figured out that they can use ‘fomo’ as a buzzword to describe just about anything they don’t like, and it will make someone else irrationally angry.

1 Like

This is fact. A full wipe at +7 keys and higher is a minute and 15 seconds off the timer. This will be insanely punishing early into the season.

As for the op, gear ilvl rewards above +10 is a hard no. Cosmetics sure.

Oh, I’m talking TWW S1.

1 Like

Weird that keys can’t put gear past 10s, but raiders have to kill bosses like mythic Tindral and Fryakk that drop gear.

Do you really think farmable myth track gear is good for the game? We already have mythic raiders complaining about having to do 8’s you think they will suddenly be okay with having to spam 12 -15’s with the new system?

Yes, I do think it is.

RWF will be done by week 2 anyway.

And better players get to kill bosses faster. Nothing wrong with it. And with full mythic track m+ gear, the rest of the CE guilds might get it 1-2 weeks faster, I guess.

I wasn’t suggesting farmable mythic track, but 10s are already a very low bar (actually 9s) for mythic track in the vault and unlimited aspect crests you have to raid mythic to get otherwise.

I just want difficulty to rewards to be reasonably comparable, understanding the inherent issues no lockout presents and also how all dungeons are “reasonably” tuned equal while raids have a large difficulty gradient/spike.

Have you done keys on beta? 10’s are not a low bar for the majority of the games playerbase with that +7 affix.

does what’s on beta matter when things will be nerfed by like 70% by the time it even hits live? (Assuming overtuned.)

2 Likes

They basically give you heroic dungeon gear and people are doing +10s.

1 Like