Rewards past +10's

I understand now; reading is hard for you. I’ll try to type small words and overly explain every point painstakingly in the hopes the slightest bit of nuance doesn’t go miles over your head. Ready? Here goes:

There does not need to be more and/or better rewards for keystones Level 11 and higher as there is already the rating score and the 0.1% of the playerbase title.

Did you catch it this time? I hope so.

Yes, and its correct. There doesn’t need to be an endless treadmill of rewards to chase.

It is ok to feel finished.

Need and want are 2 different things.

1 Like

Exactly.

There are fundamental benefits for pushing for a higher IO even if you may not get a title.

When a new season starts people usually look at your previous seasons score as an indicator if you’re a good player. I could jump straight into +5s and do +10s by the end of the week on week 1.

The fundamental issue with M+ is the FOTM comp stacking and a clear lack of class balance and tuning on Blizzards behalf. You usually have 1-2 dps specs that do +15-20% more dps than every other spec. The bottom specs are never brought up to their level and there’s also a clear imbalance on class defensives, especially the higher you move up in keys.

Being able to survive big hits on high keys is just as important as being able to pump out good dps. Then you have the current tank situation like in S2 where it’s a hard 1 tank meta. Tank metas form usually because 1 tank spec can do giga sized pulls and survive through it while other tanks fall over.

So what happens is the people who aren’t the FOTM specs and want to push up in rating can’t get invited to keys. This leads to a burnout. I never push for the title usually because I eventually decide I’d rather raid log then sit in queue for hours everyday or the failure rate on pug high keys is too high. I hit my IO score goals and get satisfied with that.

There doesn’t need to be rewards for anything, there doesn’t even need to be mythic+ at all. I would just appreciate a degree of parity between reward systems for other pillars of content.

At the end of the day this is a game, need is a moot point in all aspects.

2 Likes

Sorry, your post is out of touch with reality.

You’re comparing what <50 people are doing against the rest of the playerbase.

The kind of AoE DPS you’re referring to only exists when a group is capable of pulling off risky quad-sextuple pulls.

It doesn’t matter if you play the ‘FoTM’ spec if you don’t play with an extremely organized group that you actively know, communicate and practice with.

1 Like

You claim this, but available data shows youre wrong.

Yeah they should stick to writing! Maybe like the guides on wowhead.

It’s funny seeing my average DPS drop by 200k across a span of 3 key levels because the pulls don’t last long enough for me to get value from my CDs, running with the same group in deathless runs both times. Comp really would not matter were they to be something at 12-13s.

1 Like

He literally specified cosmetics, and the reality is M+ has been lacking on cosmetic rewards since they transitioned from Challenge Modes to it.

How on Earth would a transmog set make it feel less approachable?

Only the top 0.01% get the title, but it’s really the top 1-5% who are pushing up that high which is 1,000s of players. There’s a trickle down effect with the FOTM comp stacking that bleeds into the lower brackets as well.

The point of the issue I addressed is there’s plenty of people who DO want to push up in the rankings, but they run into the wall of not being the proper FOTM spec. No team will usually take you as well if you’re not building around the FOTM comp.

So that alienates a lot of people who want to push higher up in keys because their only sin is they didn’t pick the right class on the loading screen.

Also, most people pug because getting an actual team put together is easier than it sounds. I’ve been in at least a dozen “teams” that disappear <1 week later.

.01% players are not necessarily groups which are consistently doing quad-sextuple pulls where you will see 800k-1.2M overall DPS.

Literally does not matter if you play a boomkin, destro lock, fire mage or Spriest if you are NOT getting that pull size.

I understand what you are saying. The reality is the average WoW group is so braindead/brainrotted that they don’t bother to understand why X does Y that leads to Z. They largely think if they just copy a build and comp they will fall **** first into success which is never the case.

I’d have agreed with this in previous seasons, but between vdh reducing the bottleneck of stops in high level keys, and the truncating and rescaling of the bracket reducing the total player count in m+ dungeons, title keys are equivalent to previous season’s +29-30s. It’s brutal out here.

We’ve come a long way from season 1’s 24-25s being enough for title

But non meta classes can still do 15, meta only truly matters at extremely high levels. 15 is high but not high enough for meta to actually matter. Youre basically battling with meta mentality people have when it comes to forming groups. if rewards exist at 15 more ppl would actually be incentivized to push. you also overestimate how many people would reroll off mains just cause its not meta

The title should be spec based, only counting keys you Start and finish as a certain spec.

I firmly agree with not putting higher rewards on higher key levels, almost exclusively because the devs have proven that they are either unwilling or incapable of balancing spec performance at that level.

As you said, there are already specs with little to no participation in M+ title pushes, and this would add missing gear to that issue.

1 Like

There’s no reason to add rewards past +10. Players who push keys do it for the enjoyment of pushing challenging content.

We will have to see but with both Tyranical and Fortified being present in a +10 the difficulty scaling of M+ will be way higher, add another +20% at +12 and the difference between title and a portals will probably be way smaller but I could be wrong. This would probably reduce the gap in rewards in M+ without adding more to it.

Even just the +7 affixe will be extremely punishing to people trying to push, any wipe will be now 3 times as punishing and death skips will probably not be a thing anymore.