Rewards past +10's

Neltharion had good trinkets. People still extended. Tindral had Belor relos, Smolderon had Brand.

1 Like

Even then, it’s usually not enough of an upgrade over dungeon bis to worry about re-clearing.

1 Like

I don’t see that as a negative either. I guess it comes down to if you want to farm for a week a whole lot or farm for a bit each week.

The negative here is that people like getting upgrades. Under the current system, you get 90% of the upgrades you’ll get for the entire season in the 1st 2-3 weeks from M+.

2 Likes

They do but their impact is way less than that of the crest system and reducing the ilvl gap between heroic and mythic. We used to be in a world where the world first guild killed the last boss 15+ ilvls under maximum, giving less skilled guilds and players a lot of room to overgear and make up for that difference in performance. Fyrakk however had an ilvl difference of 5.

2 Likes

I guess i don’t know item upgrades are more chores in my books. Its kinda interesting upgrading to near max ilv but the final few are always a pain. Rather just have more time for alts or other games on my off nights.

The reward cap is somewhat arbitrary since it doesn’t match raid difficulty, but it seems silly to allow max power rewards below the final affix (now at 12), because they shouldn’t be designing an affix that will only be seen by the extreme minority of players who push past power rewards. Because of the upgrade system, I am including any aspect crests or mythic track vault pieces; reward design for current season is a failure.

I imagine 12+ gate keeps too much of the existing audience. When max power rewards feel out of reach, a lot of people will get off the loot treadmill sooner.

I think they should compress the affix key ranges so the top affix is still at +10, or reduce base mythic difficulty so +12 equals current +10.

I would rather they decrease the title to something like + 15s rather than putting more rewards leading up to a virtually unattainable title.

I bet majority of players once done 10s for portal never touch it again and just do +8s (I am one of them), I do not want to push anything, for what that matters if max gear started at M0 I would not even go higher, I want easy fun experience not sweatiness and majority of people are like that, guaranteed.

creating another reward at +15s is fine but moving the current title is changing it completely. It would no longer be title.

So if gear was just sent to your mailbox upon reaching max level how would you feel? I know this is a meme but in this case it’s a genuine question. You’ve expressed a lack of desire to want power in this game to match the level of effort or skill expression required to complete the content it drops from.

I’m just wondering how far that goes.

Also when you get that gear what do you do with it?

1 Like

I do this depending on the dungeon pool. I was pushing hard early this season but than remix dropped and I lost 3 weeks. I’ve got one portal yet than I’ll probably just mess around in the 6-8 bracket helping people out.

Other seasons though I do try to push. S2 I think I was doing +23’s or so before a personality conflict caused problems with the group I was running with. Kind of sucks because I think we could have pushed quite a bit higher.

I really should attempt to finish up some of this expansions achievements that I’m still missing though.

Let +12 keys and higher drop myth track gear IMO, since they’ll be about what 15s are now.

Would be interesting, not sure an uncapped source of mythic track gear is a great idea but who knows.

I tell you this guys, if casuals unhappy and game caters to only hardcore players it dies. flat. Google Wildstar.

Or, it wins hundreds of awards and is considered one of the best games ever made like Elden Ring?

A game being hard (or easy) isn’t the sole factor on if it’s good. It’s WAY more nuanced than that with thousands of different aspects to consider.

Wildstar deleted all casual content. There’s a difference.

I’m of the opposite opinion. I want Blizzard to add a reward for +15s because I need incentive/motivation to push beyond portal keys. I run out of steam in M+ after picking up portals because because the title isn’t enough of a draw to reconfigure my push group. A flashy T-Mog, snazzy toy with a short CD, or an even fancier mount would be great to get me over the “I don’t care” hump.

1 Like

I wouldn’t really consider this an out of touch question since games like Gw2 exist which has very little player power progression through gear once you reach a certain point. I’ve been wearing the same gear in that game more or less for the past 10 years I just change the stats/templates when they add new combinations.

The idea of horizontal progression is you do the content you want to do instead of content to make ends meet. The major difference here is Gw2 is designed around this while WoW isn’t.

We literally just had a keystone squish because Blizzard felt having 20 key levels was way too many and they wanted less so it would be easier to fill and there’d be fewer dead levels.

Like, it’s Blizzard, so I’m not gonna pretend they can’t immediately undermine themselves because they can and frequently do, but… Why though?

1 Like

absolutely bro, go with it,
people with this opinion need to live it,
on release next patch if you die all items deleted and gold removed,
that is the only correct set of difficulties,
the one who surves longer till the end of path, that single character gets transmog, title and pets, because everyone else were just not skilled enough.