Revert Changes and Take Era off Seasonal Clients

Every patch from seasonal servers has bled into ERA.

During SOM, the SOM ranking changes were on ERA for almost an entire year before being changed. During SOD, countless bugs have been ported over, and wholesale changes to the game have been implemented.

Might of Stormwind is a horrible change. It reflects retail’s mentality of easy accessibility over Classic’s mentality of putting in hard work to venture into an enemy land to acquire, at great risk, a great power. It also has unintended consequences including making it harder for Horde players to get rend because (1) fewer people play horde to start, and (2) no one will make horde alts to drop Rend which has been the case for years on ERA.

I can tell the Devs are (a) burned out, and (b) unwilling or unable to fix Era bugs. But please, do the work necessary to take Era OFF of the seasonal clients. Put it back on the 1.13 client, remove the SOD features, and never touch it again.

Thanks.

44 Likes

Horde can simply wait out for rend just like Alliance did for countless years. The MoS buff is making stuff more accessible on the Alliance side.

4 Likes

Blizzard didn’t want to do it right in the first place and make one client that could support all versions so enjoy. This is why we also don’t have permanent TBC and Wrath servers since they don’t want to have more clients to support.

2 Likes

Will Horde be getting Kings and Salv?

2 Likes

Revert the changes, and fire everyone responsible for these decisions. Give us a team who respects Era and those who want to play it.

Until then, no sub.

16 Likes

Its not an airport

3 Likes

Yeah the changes 100% need to be reverted and going forward Era needs to be separated from seasonal servers.

8 Likes

but i like these changes

3 Likes

Based add heart of the lion to classic era

“123 please”
“MC now”
“Cool thanks.”

Yeah bro super hard work.

Only classic players can confuse annoying and worthless with “hard work” LOL

1 Like

Whether you like them or not is not relevant. There should be no changes like this to begin with. You can not convince me otherwise that this is lazy development rather than intended ‘fixes’ for Era

9 Likes

I’m going to infer from this that you don’t consider yourself a “Classic player”.

Ok. So if you’re not a Classic player why are you here?

yeah i love sitting in shadowmeld in the barrens all my life waiting for a mc that could backfire.
great game play…

2 Likes

THIS, 100% THIS.

4 Likes

All of this wouldn’t be a big deal if they had told us about it beforehand(much like the honor change over a year ago). However, they f$&@#d up and played it all off as intended. Its shameless and the devs have no spine to even admit they made a mistake. Now they are too busy with SoD to address the issue, much less fix it.

3 Likes

its not like this first thing to slip in from seasonal, go wipe on nef

People for real getting mad over alliance rend buff? Free cookies and they mad?

The first thing I noticed in era that was changed was in sunken temple when SoD phase 3 came out. While the change wasn’t a huge deal(they broke mob pathing/mage 1 pulls/troll boss completely open), this bug still hasn’t been addressed or changed. This kinda makes me think none of this will be fixed either.

1 Like

Alliance could always get rend. That and the other changes are not game breaking. The biggest issue with all this is they added it because they messed up and instead of fixing the issue they acted like its intentional.

Yeah but the new buff is a massive QoL for them so I don’t see how they could be upset.