Returning pvp player

So uhhh how do i get back into it ? i got some honor gear which seems alrighty ish but how would i go about getting into a raid for a good wep (im a warrior) or even finding an arena partner for arena points since i fell behind am in honor gear now?

1 Like

That’s the neat thing, you don’t.

4 Likes

play 1500 5s for a few weeks til you catch up
get into h++ and get some arp gear(after reset because it will be a grind and you will have to do it all again for DV and TOC arp stuff) and do VOAs and bg dailies for a few weeks, in less than a month you will be on pair with your competition

3 Likes

Well with icc coming out on October 12th there will be a bunch of people coming back and I’m sure some of those will need to catch up. So groups should be easier.

Press X to doubt. Barely anyone’s gonna come back. Barrier to entry is too high.

1 Like

I started on benediction about a week ago and i’ve been seeing people leveling in the starting zones, and I def see more in the future as there is a bit of hype for the next patch.

I’ve got several alts to level 10 so I can spam RDF the day it drops.

I plan on doing this till I get sick of it anyway.

Isnt it lvl 15 for RDF? Thats what it used to be, I think.

Looks like I have a bit more work to do :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Don’t buy any more gear. There is 1 week left of the arena season, just get honor cap & wait.

Once the season ends all gear gets discounted and when the patch hits the new “Wrathful” gear is at the vendor. So for honor you can get all the wrathful offsets (this will boost your ilvl considerably).

Youll be able to buy furious mainset + weapon for honor as well after the season ends.

Wintergrasp weekly quests are a ton of honor, hit up WG any time you’re online & its active. 12,3,6,9st. Lots of ez honor. Get yourself capped at 75k so you can buy some stuff next week. Also stonekeeper shards can be used to buy honor from wg vendor.

Now you have a full set of pvp gear que h++ with new RDF coming out, this will get you a functioning pve set for raids. Armor pen gear, hit, also new vendors for sidereal have stuff you’ll want. Once you farm that up you can enter ICC without being too behind to help.

The honor farm, full gear, literally takes me 3 days of a few hours each day. Its very easy.
“You can do it” GL

3 Likes

I was gonna say level 15 but Thugatron beat me to it.

Something you could also do is make sure you have the quest ik some of them are locked behind small questlines like the dm ones. and there are a lot of blackfathom deeps quest around too not just the ones in the dungeon.

1 Like

Just read in another post that xp gains have been nerfed into the ground for RDF…

Is this true? Can somebody confirm this?

most of the xp is on the bosses now and not the trash that is all I’ve seen changed

Edit-there’s also extra xp on the end boss.

Here’s the thread. I haven’t played the ptr at all so idk…

I’ve had no problems with xp but it may be slower I typically mix dungeons with bgs and was leveling pretty consistently. I have noticed a reduction in mob xp but it seems to have shifted to the bosses idk.

1 Like

You can group cross-realm and do any instanced PVP, including rated arenas.

Here’s one (of several) cross realm Arena Discord servers:

https://discord.gg/w2UNDHhQ48

I laughed pretty hard at this. Well played.

Getting pvp gear isn’t really the problem, ignore the weird druid alt poster in here. Anyone hiding on an alt in an arena thread waives any right to give advice.

You will have enough points to buy your 5/5 set 6-7 weeks after season launch. As a warr you only have one spec of gear to choose from and you greatly favour pve weps

Your main S8 gearing hurdle will be PVE gear, the simplest way to obtain this is in GDKPs.

If you spend more gold, you can cut your time spent PVEing. i preferred more casual GDKPs due to the cheap item prices (and the items i was pursuing generally dropped off easy bosses), but the raid times were much longer.

If you’re lucky your PVE items will drop quickly, and you can then actually play the content you enjoy. if not you can go weeks or months and “item x” will just never drop. Honestly as a warrior gearing properly for pvp S8 sounds fairly difficult, don’t mean to discourage you

i have heard bryntroll axe is proccing a ton on ptr and might be pretty sick for arena

If you think a dude just now coming back has any chance of competing in the current arena meta you’re delusional.

2 Likes

Feel free to hop on your main and teach us how it is. You have 0 credibility hiding on that char

I agree it’s not ideal to drop $1000 on a shadowmourne and $200 on a DBW if that’s what you mean