Return to Karazhan bugged again?

Bug persists. One shotting Toe Knee still causes the failure of the murloc to activate

2 Likes

This is still happening as of 11/29/2021.

1 Like

I am stuck in here and cannot die…

1 Like

For nitpicking’s sake, I’ve never had issues with Ragnaros, and that’s with killing him during his first transition cast. Things get a little wonky on normal, where the game keeps you in combat an extra 20 or sec and it plays his second diving animation, but he’s still considered dead and you can loot and leave.

For the Paragons, the first part is definitely true, but as long as their dialogue finishes (“Come, children of the Titans. You face the Paragons.” is the last line) I’ve never had issues with killing them too quickly.

For the Lich King, I thought being killed by Fury of Frostmourne (which it shouldn’t do nowadays anyway, unless you’re somehow on super low health or doing it at-level) prevented releasing spirit and self-rez. Mandela Effect, maybe? Either way I’ve nuked him to pieces during his entire speech and never had issues there. Not that there’s any reason to, as it’s better to use that time to make a sandwich.

None of these points are what the topic is about, but still. Nitpicking for nitpicking’s sake.

Not Mandela effect. It prevented release but not Ankh.

If you reread the excerpt you quoted you’ll see that I use the word “can”. All of these things are possible, and have happened to a sizeable enough group of people that there have threads in the forum ( a small subset of the WoW community).

The fact that you personally haven’t encountered a bug doesn’t mean the bug doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Indeed, it’s just that I’ve run those particular encounters so often that I’d have thought the bug would have come up by now. Super lucky I guess.

If we want to talk about another speed-kill issue, Kil’jaeden in the Tomb. When he starts the air phase it takes him a few moments to actually gain the 99% damage reduction. A large group of people can apparently kill him in this time, bugging the encounter. Not so much an issue solo though.

1 Like

Something else I just discovered and it concerns the Garothi Worldbreaker.

If you kill both shoulder parts at once, it doesn’t speed up the fight. It will interrupt the first Apocalypse Drive as normal, but you’ll then be forced to eat the next one as there will be no way to stop it.

It doesn’t bug or reset the fight, and the attack itself did about 1500 damage to me at level 60, so it’s more trivia than anything. But I did wonder until now what would happen if you killed both shoulders at once.

And this is another example of how bugs like these can be inconsistent, because we’re not always able to determine the exact interactions causing the problem. I killed both shoulders simultaneously on one attempt and the boss reset.

For a lot of these multi phase issues, it’s not that it happens every time, it’s that it can happen any time you rush the phases. I see two choices. One, in which I can rush and it may or may not work, or two, in which I can take a few extra seconds to let the phasing happen correctly and it will always work. For me, spending a few extra seconds (literally seconds) is worth not having the consequences of a catastrophic bug failure. Other people can, and obviously do, choose differently, and that’s their business. I just like to point out what I’ve found to be a potential bug catalyst in threads like these so that people who want to avoid the problem altogether can do that.

yeah, Toe Knee is simple to not bug out. Walk up and auto attack, hit him 2 or 3 times n he says some nonsense about resting, at that point, go to the right side of the room and attack them and he will eventually join in the fight n you can kill him. It only takes like 30 seconds to complete, even with going slow.

Adding my two cents I think the topic is still helpful. I just started going back to farm this mount and zerged and had no idea what was going on and why he wasn’t dying. I dont’ remember the fight in legion to remember there were phases.

So having this was really helpful for me to know what to do next time and that I’m probably stuck not logging into that character until it resets for me.

Thanks and appreciate those who explained the issue and the fix.

Still happening in 2022

I just did this today was bugged. I tried to jump off stage and it reset. I took off my weapon and did it the way your supposed to but i just stood there n punched them and it worked fine.

1 Like

yeah, well what if people just outgrow it completely to the point 1 simple spell one shots the boss? then what do you do then? seems unreasonable to blame people who try to finish the dungeon as quickly as they can, do to be engaging on outdated content

Take off some gear? Punch it instead of casting? Use a lower level alt of the same armor type? Bring a lower level friend to kill it and cast a non damaging spell to tap it?

Edited to remove snark.

1 Like

struck a nerve did I?

I apologize. I am frustrated from arguing with some really, really dense people in another thread and I think some of that vented on to you. I will edit out the last sentence and just leave the questions that I hope you may find more helpful.

1 Like

Or, or - now this might be a crazy thought but… maybe Blizzard could… fix it?

5 Likes

Instead of trying to ALT+F4, or any other technique. Stand on the light at front of stage and try to jump off stage ledge. If you jump just right I believe you are considered outside the stage and the boss resets. This will save you a lot of time.

1 Like

yep this 100%, it is a real pain but it is able to be worked around.

It’s not exactly a bug, the fight was intended to have multiple phases and is not programmed to deal with it being completed in half a second. when you’re trying to get the Smoldering Emberwyrm at the end, that fight will do it too if u burn him down to fast, as well as the 2nd to last boss in Sunwell sometimes, and a few others. I doubt they change the way that works, although they could buff the boss so he doesn’t die so fast.