Retribution DPS Theorycraft Sheets

Do you expect the drain life chance on hit feature of this sword to proc Seal of Command?

no but SoC/JoC and SoR/JoR trigger the Life Drain

only weapons with a PHYSICAL dmg proc can trigger enchants or other procs - Drake Talon Axe for example or the UBRS/ZG Polearms

weapons with spell dmg procs cannot

Same dude.

God that weapon is spicy for ret.

1 Like

So that would mean the elements deck will not proc SoC?

correct but the opposite is true - SoC/JoC and SoR/JoR can trigger the deck

So this sword, life steal enchant, elements deckā€¦ we could expect some sweet RNG burst haha

1shot goodness galore my friend

Plus Hoj, that would be interestingā€¦

Life stealing enchant didnā€™t scale with Spell dmg did it?

1shot goodness galore my friend

this is a close 2ndā€¦

Neretzek, The Blood Drinker
Binds when picked up
Two-hand Axe
202 - 303 Damage Speed 3.70
(68.2 damage per second)
+21 Strength
+16 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60
Chance on hit: [Steals 141 to 164 life from target enemy.]

as seen hereā€¦

see the +571 Life Drain?

Thatā€™s the Life Drain proc - Lifestealing enchant though does NOT scale with spell dmg but does with debuffs such as Curse of Shadow, Imp Shadowbolt, Shadow Weaving and Nightfall.

Ooo deliciousā€¦ shame about it being an axe since humans weapon skill is sword/mace.

I presume the weapon life drain* proc scales with debuffs too?..

Pretty much a death knight with all that shadow damage.

Be it by Light or Shadow, Retribution comesā€¦

RP aside, yeah, the burst damage on ret gets really silly. Itā€™s even sillier if we have recbombing as a mechanic, but Iā€™m not sure if we do or not.

yes it too scales with debuffs - but remember you donā€™t need weapon skill to PWN nubs in PvP :stuck_out_tongue:

and yes, a Paladinā€™s RECK Bomb with either of these weapons was the first version of a DKā€™s Death Strike

I want that competitive PVE deeps tho! haha. Ahhh fudge, you make me want to roll ret prio in Classic but iā€™m not sure.

The other half of me recommends rogue or warlock this time.

Nobody expects THE PALADIN INQUISITION!!!

improved it for you

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/156553940656324618/554818829277200394/Ret_TC_v1.0.xlsx

DespotusToday at 7:50 AM

Sheet update. Adjusted all procs to ensure that everything correctly procs off of judgements. Also added an adjustment for swing timer resets on from extra swings (HoJ) proccing off of judgement. I need an additional adjustment so that these extra swings arenā€™t capable of proccing seals (which means these items are still slightly over-valued), but it should be a fair bit more accurate now.

DespotusToday at 12:54 PM

Sheet update. Added undead slaying gear and some minor fixes
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/411604493747093535/555478726083739649/Despotus_Paladin_Spreadsheet_v0.3.1.xlsx

What makes you think Ret Paladin Dps arenā€™t feasible in raids?

Do you actually think you canā€™t complete raids with a ret pally?

There is honestly not THAT much of a difference between a good ret pally and a good rogue, bringing a ret pally instead of a rogue will NOT be what makes or breaks the raidā€¦ and there are actually some advantages(and disadvantages of doing so). One being you have an extra lay on hands, buffs, BoP and a less squishy dps with bubbleā€¦
With the added utility, having a rogue doing 20% more dps(or whatever it is) means very little to the overall success of the raid.

Now, I wouldnā€™t have 10 Ret Pallys in the raidā€¦ but even then itā€™s not like you canā€™t complete it.

truer words have never been spokenā€¦

i was about to copy/paste the dictionary definitions of viable and feasible, but I sort of hate those kinds of people that do that so Iā€™ll just say that viable has a different meaning than feasible, and that youā€™re acting like that said viable