Retail WoW should not have a leveling system

…But the leveling is the content :panda_face:

No

One

Enjoys

The current

Leveling system

Not a single soul.

No it’s not. So many people get to max level with nothing to show in terms of knowing their class or how the game works.

Leveling is really fast as of right now, it’s going to be even faster in MoP remix and EVEN FASTER in TWW.

I hate to agree with it but I don’t think leveling serves much of a purpose.

Well maybe outside of selling boosts but dang what a terrible reason to keep leveling.

Not only that.

New players get to max level in an RPG an have no idea what’s going on with the story either. lol.

1 Like

The state of retail? From my POV the state of retail is just fine. It’s my favorite game out of the hundreds that are out there.

Leveling is fundamental to the game. It would be like saying, let’s change baseball so we no longer have to run the bases, it’s just a home run contest every night. It would no longer be baseball.

1 Like

I was leveling an alt in legion era earlier this week

I guess i walked too close to a cutscene trigger in Orgimmar for a quest that forced itself into my questlog to show that sylvanas was the new warchief and we are at war with the alliance

I zoned out and then there was a legion of deathknights waiting for me to dive in the the shadow realm with them

Small indie company things

1 Like

I agree with this.

Years ago I’d agree, maybe not so much today.

That’s hilarious.

Blizzard just does not care about past expansions or what they could even mean to a new player. It’s like they dump them in a landfill to rot.

Are you sure you were in the Legion Chromie time? Check your dungeons to make sure your still not back in BfA where all new 'toons start.

1 Like

Leveling was the last bastion of any meaningful progression until Shadowlands completely obliterated that bastion.

I was :confused:

I remember when they first announced chromie time i was so excited. I thought it essentially phased me into a completely different “timezone” while playing the game.

Then the immersion broke when I realized it just applied a blanket aura/scale to my toon that just makes the world whatever level I was. You can be in chromie time for one era and still quest in other eras. Yet another really promising feature implemented without soul, care, or passion by Blizzard.

And what determines if someone is ready to do new content? Will someone have to grind endlessly for gear to meet the new grear requirement between expansions?

They have already pretty much eliminated the journey, which was the most fun part of wow or any game to me. If anything, I would rather see more journey and a equalized end game where just playing the game can earn you top level equipment. The whole play in a raid for a few hours a week idea needs to go.

I’ve just never seen these types of problems and I level lots of alts. Sure, some times you have to accept a quest but if you don’t want it, a couple clicks and it’s gone. If you get transported somewhere it’s super easy to go back to where you were.

In what world is the “content” in retail levelling?

The Wandering Isle? There’s nothing to do at cap but fish?

Im not a super fan of leveling but I’d quit if it was removed

I think most people would say to do dungeons, raids, pvp, or professions. but you do you.

Neutrals cannot do such content, sure I can on other characters, but the point is there.

… I don’t feel like you are debating in good faith so I’m going to stop as well. Good luck out there.