Retail RDF failing

From the retail forums:

I remember when RFD was originally introduced, DPS would queue with a fake tank to jump the line. Fake take would drop party instantly but then partially formed party would be in the front of the queue for a tank replacement.

Players would game the RDF system if it was ever introduced in Classic.

1 Like

One of the worst “features” to ever be added to the game. But hey at least they get into a dungeon at some point in the day :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I admit, if Classic goes on for another 13 years, we’ll probably have problems with the system.

Players game anything. You have someone right now equipping awful gear to meet some arbitrary GS requirement.

3 Likes

ITT: we pretend getting a Scholomance PUG with an under-geared Fury-Prot never happened.

5 Likes

I actually played Wrath and what you’re saying is total nonsense.

2 Likes

automated group formation is bad because I have 53 points in Retribution and can queue as “Tank”.

Hunters can queue as tanks with this crappy LFG system.

Just stop.

3 Likes

I’d rather than 1/10 successful run, then no run at all, or waste 30-45m of grouping/travel time just to do 1 run.

Not to mention, people who are DPS can still list themselves as tank. End result is the same - wasting everybody’s time…

2/10 on the failed attempted. 1 extra point for effort.

If RDF matched players inside one realm, it would be better I think.

People even do heroics in retail?

Why would you not just skip to a +2 mythic key?

I don’t think I even did heroics in retail simply because a +2-+5 are really easy to time even in starter gear.

2 Likes

Since LFD isn’t a thing, I’m wondering if I should just stay 79 until Season 6 starts. Seems like a waste of time to grind Savage gear plus all the offsets (for Feral and Resto) for two Druids at this point.

Only on week 1 of the expansion.
RDF is a pure leveling tool on retail.

Only trolls will try to spin it any other way.
And guess what, everyone actually uses RDF for leveling. 2 threads mean nothing, It’s like looking at 2-3 threads saying Wrath is the worst xpac. Doesn’t actually make it the worst.

3 Likes

That never happened to me once. If it happened at all it was extremely rare. I think you’re lying.

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t remember that happening either. I’ll admit that sometimes you’d get a dps warrior or whatever queueing as a tank, but even that was pretty rare.

3 Likes

He’s just trying to fool people who didn’t play Wrath. Very low effort troll. I did close to a thousand random dungeons the last year of Wrath and never once had someone queue tank and not tank. Or any of the other ridiculous lies trolls come up with.

3 Likes

And RDF provides a solution. You kick the dbag who didn’t queue in the right role and replace them.

This also solves another problem where tanks/healers can try to hold the group hostage.

6 Likes

ITT: people are forgetting first week of new dungeons you cna pull crap tanks even if proper tanks since its all new.

which is fine. I got a nokhud no one, including me, knew what the hell was going on. So we worked it out. wasn’t smooth…all of us 1st timers. tank lost aggro once or twice, death happened. Live and learn.

New content is supposed to be new lol. by 10.1 and 10.2 for sure this crap will be as automated as wrath UK runs lol. hell by 10.2 the arms warrior ranted on could tank even heroic fine.

I mean I am not uber and I frost tanked SL dungeons 9.1/9.2 levels shorthanded. Jsut needs a good healer and dps not doing dps things like standing in fire as much. it does happen lol.

1 Like

The max level failings of RDF wouldn’t really be a concern in the lower level dungeons where RDF is actually needed.
:axe:

3 Likes

basically. and in retail max level is mostly lfg.

heroic dungeon exists for one thing. some daily or weekly that is paying out gold. its a pay me run. the dungeon pros who “suffer” LFD heroic are there for one reason.

they did their mythic runs for the week before that quest dropped. and are now slumming in in pug lfd heroic.

If they hated it that much…they could lfg a mythic 0/higher to complete that quest. even with lfd baddies by 9.1 heroics in sl were steam rollers even with 2 fresh 60’s.

You’d jsut tell them to stand off to the side. tank is about mega pull and its getting real busy for about 10 seconds. you all come in at the middle when less mobs in the pack.

rest of the time…lfg only for mythic is the dungeon end game.

Classic will have basically the same setup once heroic + comes.

I have said before, I will say it again. If we were to get rdf…it would NOT have heroic + and be the caveat I’d grant and be fine with.

so for the true dungeon masters they’d not see casual scrubs like me lol. I don’t really do mythic lfg in retail. I’d not do lfg only heroic + here really.

or hell…level normal only. where its needed.

People figured out how to game the system awhile ago. That learning doesn’t start from scratch if it gets introduced in Classic. :wink:

I played Wrath as well. People were commenting about it on the forums in a later expansion that some players were doing this.

LFG tool doesn’t auto-form so who cares? It’s actually nice that our LFG tool allows it. I may have a couple of toons that I want to dungeon with (1 tank, 1 DPS) and I can clarify that in my roles/notes why I queued for both roles.

Just another thing you can’t do with RDF (only queue 1 of your toons for the role that it is capable of doing).

I would consider an auto-forming tool that is contained to a realm only with no transportation.