Retail Playerbase is 70% Chinese According to Blizzard Employee

I for one welcome our new squiggly line overlords.

And across the World. That isn’t a strong point you made. It’s full of speculation that leads to nowhere.

3 Likes

Well then indeed - steam #s are number of people online and playing at that moment, so WoW would have ~700,000 online (averaging 1,2,3) at any given time of day and yet somehow that equates to 2-3 million total subs?

2 Likes

What makes you think you know any of this for a fact?

The game had already boomed in NA/EU.

1 Like

There are tons of Chinese players not just playing retail wow, but videogames in general. I mean there are 1.6 billion of them you know

“Blizzard employee”

1 Like

Does it matter?

1 Like

Wow suffers from the pedestal effect. People placed it high up because of its unusual popularity in the past.

So since it’s nowhere near that unicorn level of sub explosion it’s now a dying game. When in reality it’s just working its way down to the average mmo player range.

Which is still extremely profitable.

But silly people believe silly things so we end up with all these back and forth arguments over the dumbest things.

Well, the word used wasn’t successful, but healthy. Which means still generating sufficient revenue for what they want to do with the game. There’s a lot of doom and gloom about WoW but almost all of it is anecdotal. Aside from MAUs in financial reports, we don’t know the current state of the game. I worry less about how many subscribers it has and more about whether its design can hold up over time. Does BfA have problems? Absolutely. Will the game be around next year or the year after? Absolutely. So there’s hope they can fix the problems.

1 Like

Pict has been one of the more adamant retail-bashers. Also notice he refuses to list the NAME of the “blizzard employee” who gave these numbers.

Combine those two facts and you get a high likelihood of “fake news”

That or the 70% is neglecting certain facts, ie “in this region, 70% is chinese”.

Now THAT could be believable. But across the entire world? No.

3 Likes

Yes, and so did in China, what’s your point.
We have a ‘‘blizz employee’’ stating things with no proof, out of the blue because blizz employee’s are known for constantly going on streamers shows to talk about the state of the company or player base nationalities or whatever.

Just go play classic tomorrow and stop filling these threads with nonsense.

3 Likes

I propose a perma ban of spreading info quoted as facts without fact check.

Yup, we should have a list of people who post on these forums that just troll or like to talk in hypotheticals with no proof whatsoever for ANYTHING.

2 Likes

I’ll go further - we have nothing but a streamer’s word for it that it was even a Blizzard employee he was talking to. And if it was, if it was a low-level employee they might well not even have access to tghe numbers…

So, a grain of salt isn’t enough;

2 Likes

So what’s your point?

Retail is bad because it has Chinese players?

Gotta buy more salt now that I know how much I need! :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no idea what his name is. Really all I have to go off of is Destiny claiming to have met the employee at a Blizzard summit. Take it for what it’s worth, but I’ve known about Destiny for a few years, watched a good bit of his content, and have no reason to doubt that he met the guy and that the guy actually is a Blizzard employee. Destiny isn’t one to just lie like that.

No…

1 Like

I mean, we don’t have sub numbers and they won’t give it to us. I can look at internet traffic, raiding numbers and pvp numbers.

Pvp is pretty much dead, the ladder population is 10% of what it was during wod.
Raiding is on steady decline, maybe higher decline since BFA.
Traffic numbers are mostly down except on big patch, but that’s to be expected. What is surprising is the amount of traffic Classic generate which can go up to 15%.

I had a lot of time since I have stopped playing :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Mid-key troll post on trying to bash retail.

It’s a ‘‘thing’’ apparently. Seems the trolls latched onto this topic now of retail v classic for whatever reason.

1 Like