Retail PET AI (hunters)

Turn off growl. I have to turn of torment on my Felgaurd.

Look if hunter is hundreds of DPS ahead of the tank (should be at least double) then their pet should be able to easily steal with growl which should be turned off. The pet AI in TBC does differ from the retail AI. I micromanage the living snot out of my FG. I play strictly passive in dungeons and any hunter that isn’t micromanaging their pet through macros is looking for retail version of AI which we do not have.

Hunter pet should never ever pull off a tank, even if growl is turned on.

hunter growl can pull off tank at the start of trash pulls, but really thats about the only situation where it could happen

Then it’s not really bad as the pet just got 1 shot rofl.

the pieces begin to fit. smh

3 Likes

You guys really need Details! With tiny threat. Pets pull off the tank all the time. Threat is a ping pong game in TBC unless you manage threat. DPS has to do their part.

This is just untrue.

Pets don’t really have much threat even with growl turned on.

1 Like

Only if you’re an idiot.

Hurtful.

Reported.

1 Like

When you report someone you’re really just reporting on yourself

1 Like

I’m reporting the tank for losing threat to a pet.

3 Likes

Is the hunter Misdirecting to his pet, too? Would make sense, given that they still have growl on.

1 Like

Turnboff growl? It shouldn’t be on in an instance anyway.

Guys please read me:
Pet growl isn’t the problem! There’re some bosses that change targets midfight (picture gruul’s hateful, but this isn’t about threat). Some bosses randomly target someone IN MELEE RANGE for a hit, this is the case in Slave pens’ second boss. Sometimes the boss try to hit the pet and the pet is constantly trying to get behind, making the boss turn around in various directions. SV naga do the same thing; they often target random melee targets and do a cleave, regardless of threat.

This need to be fixed, I believe it’s pet behavior that tries to imitate retail behavior. This doesn’t happen in pservers since they run in the old client. Hell, in this client if you send pet and attack a unit, the pet will “wait” until the target is in melee range to start attacking. That’s retail behavior.

2 Likes

I think the whole concept of a class OWNING a pet needs to be re-examined completely. What is this, slavery? in 2021?

1 Like

Thank you for confirming what I really could not put into words, I only thought maybe it was on growl, the hunter was not the best but he was not horrible either I just assumed he was a bit lazy or something with his pet management. Spinning bosses of death make it kinda hard to backstab on my kitty, next to impossible actually.

Nah the problem with hunters is everyone thinks they are easy, but to actually be good at it, that takes actual skill

There is a massive difference for sure between good and bad hunters in both pve and pvp

This is why I hate playing as any class that relies on a pet. They’re completely unreliable.

Blizzard made a lot of bad decisions through retail, but one of the better ones was giving Marksman the Lone Wolf ability. Would love it if TBC Classic could somehow do that…

What are you talking about. Spinning death ball bosses is why you turn growl ON.