Retail is doing fine and has more players then classic wow

Yes, retail does have a cap, otherwise full servers on there don’t exist.

I provided evidence of them increasing cap in an era where their servers are modern. You said yourself BC and WOTLK didn’t happen that way. You have no evidence, all you keep doing is repeating that retail has more players. Case closed.

Oh sure, let’s look at that new content. Retail is basically designed to funnel everyone into it by aggressively obsoleting everything else after all, so you’d expect the overwhelming majority of the active playerbase to be there.

I just logged into my Proudmoore toon. I can /who the full population of Nazjatar by filtering only by class, as none of the individual requests cap out. 110 people in total, with almost a third of them druids likely herb botting. This server is “Full”, I’m on the overwhelmingly dominant faction, and I’m polling one of the only two zones left in the game likely to be active.

Logged onto my classic Atiesh character. Same set of polls put Stranglethorn at 168. Almost every other zone of equivalent or lower level – and there’s a solid two dozen of those – shows similar or greater numbers. This server is “Medium”.

1 Like

i agree im a casual and i have said retail is bad but there are still more people on it then classic even in non peak hours.

people still enjoy retail.

I mean anything can sound simplistic if you try hard enough

In retail you can log in to kill Azshara and then knock out your +10 in a slow night. But we both know theres more to each game than that

1 Like

OP has posted the exact same post like 30 times completely ignoring any proof otherwise. Can’t believe you all are continuing to let him troll you like this.

5 Likes

For starters, you provided a tweet, that isn’t evidence of anything other than what we already know.

Literally on Towelies stream we had this exact discussion, the vod is on twitch, there’s my evidence of retail having more based strictly on server size, since this is the hill you want to die on.

As for cap, I’m not talking just talking about pop size, but what you can do in game. Classic has a massive cap because the content is finite.

C’mon…let it go already.

Retail is fine. Classic is fine. There is more warcraft than ever being played and if only they would start to release maps for WC3 to conicide with big battles and stuff in the game it would be even better.

1 Like

The OP liked this post. :rofl::rofl:

hugs if you want to see the proof just long in and check the server pop tab for each i did it at 11:30 and 2pm.

but if you dotn want to…hugs.

lol ok I won’t get started, i’d rather not spend 30mins telling you why I believe differently

P.S. Were you one of them that had trouble finding PvP Vendors…? That’s a key reason why there were removed… :joy: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Someone hasn’t been paying attention to Blue posts.
/Who has never been an accurate representation of people playing, since forever.

1 Like

For the first time they had to increase the cap of the servers. And then they added a butt ton more.

I don’t get why you people try to soften the consequences on BFA for its terrible gameplay. Why is it hard to admit to something objective?

1 Like

Ya, my server is medium and it’s deaaaaaaaad…

See more people out in the world on shared shards then I do in Boralus. Very rare to run into someone from my actual server other than Boralus.

They added a small handful, not a butt ton.

thats because they made the cap so small at the start they wernt expecting alot of people to play classic wow.

2 Likes

This I doubt.
Didn’t have issues finding them, but PvP has largely appealed to a population that has always been less than the majority.
If the majority valued pvp, more emphasis and attention would be paid to it, not less.

Which is literally what they said when they went to increase server cap

1 Like

Hey buddy. Hey man. That’s really cool. That’s a neato fact.

Do you have evidence?

THat is why I play classic as a gap filler for retail .

I haven’t even reached 40 or even gotten close to enough gold for riding and a mount .

Classic to me is a casual roll down the windows and drop the top we are taking a road trip type of game, which I can go back to when I’m done racing to the red light in retail .

Also I probably won’t see a raid in classic because of work I really don’t see raids outside of LFR in retail and I am fine with that.

What I am not fine with are threads like this one or ones by hard core classic players saying one is doing better then the other ,when in fact no one really knows for sure.

1 Like

so your saying that you go to another server when you shard?

no you dont go to another server people are just sharded all over the place and it mite feel dead.