Retail is doing fine and has more players then classic wow

Im in the exact same boat. I want both games to thrive. I want to be excited to log into retail and mash content and play with friends. Im not rooting for it to fail at all.

But unless Ion swings his philosophy drastically i wont be investing any meaningful time in it. Thankfully i have classic to keep me occupied

2 Likes

Dude, give me a reason why they would somehow change their philosophy in how big their servers would be in general when classic came out. No, it’s the same exact size at launch, they expanded it as they said in the tweet.

“me orc, me no understand twater”

1 Like

classic wows end game is nax the only thing to do after that is pvp in a 15 year old game.

retail is always moving forward and having new content.

they cant accept it because they hate retail that much and cant deal with retail still being the game with more players playing it.

K? I think that you legitimatly think thats making a good point, but its not dissuading me at all. Retail can be “always moving forward” but if i dont like the direction i dont really care

Im enjoying my time in classic. If that enjoyment fades i wont just return to retail. Ill just go on break. But thats a loooong ways out

2 Likes

It’s not the same as launch.
Otherwise, by your logic, Classic would have been the most successful launch of anything WoW has done in history, which we know by sub count is simply untrue.
BC/WOTLK they did not need to increase the server pop cap in order to get people in, nor did they have to make a ton more servers to get people in. Queues were there but were manageable.

Classic had less servers which therefore funneled people into smaller areas which overloaded queues, but they never provided a baseline for what the numbers actually were.

1 Like

Yeah well, when classic server says “full” it means you’re going to spend some time in que in order to login.
When retail server says “full” it means you might actually meet someone from your server in stormwind if you’re lucky.

yep the reason classic felt like it has a ton more people playing was because of the lack of servers and long que times.

Which is entirely fair, but this bullcrap argument that Classic has larger servers to retail and therefore has more players than retail is asinine.

We literally had this talk with Towelie last night in his stream and he showed, at random middle of the night time Retail server v Classic servers with classic having no servers at Full, several dozen at high compared to a handful of Classic at high.

I cannot stress enough how baffling it is that they continued walking back classes and advancements in playstyle post-mop.

Classes in MoP were mostly perfect. I can think of only a few that weren’t great, like boomkin. Mobility on casters vs mobility on melee was mostly balanced well, and despite how stupid cc chains in 3s could get, I challenge anyone to find a better 1v1 balance than season 15 in the entire game’s history.

The fact that they decided to regress instead of expand is ridiculous.

1 Like

Whole lotta no evidence, whole lotta conjecture. What proof do you have they MADE them have smaller servers at launch?

With servers constantly improving, how do you even compare any previous expansion? Let’s get real.

Non-issue.
Completely different world sizes.
Classic is very small, less content, more people condensed together.
Retail includes original zones and every single expansion and its content.
Of course you’re not going to see many in SW, we’re in Boralas lol

2 Likes

classes died for class fantasy in legion and just got worse in bfa.ill agree on that.

1 Like

That is not a biased hate of retail.
That nay be a biased hate of Ion but Wuz did say he or she would love to play retail .

I too would like to play retail more but as of now I play it less. Do I think Classic is better then retail ? No I don’t . I think both are good in their own rights but right now playing classic I feel my character has more meaning , quests have more meaning and gear has more meaning.

THis is the kind of stuff I would like to see back in retail.

1 Like

You don’t work in the tech field, like at all do you?
Ever managed a server anything?
You would never invest increased infrastructure in a product you knew wasn’t going to see any advancement or growth.
Classic is finite. It isn’t going to expand suddenly into a new game. It has a good, hard end to it because it can only go so far.
Retail does not have this limitation and thus, would receive an increase in infrastructure so the server could grow and handle an increase load in terms of users and resources.

If you don’t understand that basic concept, we’re done here and you’re just a troll who literally is talking out of his butt at this point.

What they need to do now is put the icing on the cake and introduce a new expansion in the next half year and actually listen to the players more on WHY lots of us want old features back; PVP Vendors, Tier sets, no azerite/artifact/heart of Az, none of that bs

and an awesome legendary item quest line like MoP and Warlords of Drae

1 Like

same, theres nothing unique about the classes anymore, they all do the same things just “slightly” different ways about doing them. Theres little reason to love a specific class anymore.

1 Like

thats just the leveling in classic wow when you hit the end game and just raid mc and onyxia over and over thats classic current end game.

there isnt much.

2 Likes

PvP vendors only appeals to a small segment of the population, so having this is incredibly unlikely to bring large swaths of people back, the same for Tier sets.
Remember, there are reasons they were removed, the majority did not want them.

Especially if you did this back in Vanilla, the game offers even less.

As opposed to killing Azshara, or running the same dungeons over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?