Retail is better then Classic. There I said it

All gear has a chance to drop. It is random. They are all randomly generated items. All raid gear / pvp gear is fixed stats too. Titanforging doesn’t exist.

The new prepatch made leveling and just enjoying the game fun again.

What’s weird is you say things like this but ignore the fact that BFA set record number subscription losses.

Also Shadowlands will fight for that record.

If you enjoy retail play it. If you enjoy classic play it.
When TBC comes out if you enjoy that play it.

Its a video game and you don’t die in real life when your character dies. Relax

4 Likes

Classic is literally being ruined by people spending cash on pixels. Thats a weird thing to say brother

2 Likes

I have horde alts on Grob too, overall I’ve had an experience there that somewhat mirrors what I posted about my experience on my main (this character). Although, I don’t raid as much there, I joined a RP guild and pretty much just have fun and mess around over there, so it’s a different experience completely because of the way I play.

Didnt play BFA I started at the shadowlands prepatch and things are different

This is hilarious. I don’t have Empowered Leggings from BWL, but I want them. I fantasize about having them. I have an adrenaline surge every time I raid BWL. Because I want that item. Not any item. I want THAT item. It exists. It has fixed stats. And because I want it hard, getting it will feel great. Just as it felt great getting Rejuvenating Gem, an item I wanted even before BWL came out.

Gear is not random in Classic. Gear is the soul of it.

6 Likes

The only random stats in the game right now on retail is profession gear. Every other item is set stats my dude.

Benthic gear has fixed secondary stats?

Gear is random in classic. It has a chance to drop or it doesn’t. Same with retail bud.

I dont think adrenaline surge are the words to use to goto a EZ tank and spank raid like BWL for an item. Hows the depression when you dont get it?

Yes benthic gear has fixed stats.

Tell that to all the people continually fishing for the piece of gear that rolls ‘perfect’ stats

Yes the people fishing for perfect stats are fishing for an item that has set stats to drop. It is literally the same thing as classic lol

2 Likes

Yet because that item is not unique, visually or even by name, because of all other subpar items of the same type, that BiS item loses magic and notoriety it has in Classic.

2 Likes

Pretty much this, the content is faceroll. PvP is hilarious, two shotting people with Shadowbolt never gets old.

Only thing that keeps me raid logging is my guild, they are pretty fun to be around for the 1 - 2 hours that we raid lmao.

Then what is corruption?

I suppose, thats pretty opinionated tbh. Some items are very notable in recent expacs, trinkets especially. Claw, Dresta’gaths, convergence, etc. I mean yeah classic items are very notable for classic players. I think this is mainly to due with drop chance more so than the interesting gameplay they provide. DFT is just raw stats but we all know it cause it drops so infrequently =)

2 Likes

Corruption is rng drop dependent. Cleansible and you can earn currency to select your corruption. The community complained about this and it got changed pretty early on in the patch so its a non-factor now. Plus none of that + titanforging in Slands.

This is what is keeping away from trying retail as well. That and all the dailies and rep grinding. I want to be able to get to a point where the character is “done”, not have to keep grinding some kind of external power system.