[Retail] [Feedback] Season 4 - Raid Rotation thoughts and suggestion

With Season 4 hitting the PTR it seems that the new “Fated” Raids aka. Awakened Raids (as Wowhead assumes) have a set rotation of 1 Raid per week. This is a problem that was existing even in SL S4.

Progressing a Raid or let yourself time with it is rarely possible in this scenario, as the next week you will have an entire different raid in front of you. Esp. in Raid groups with only two raid days, it is hard to do any form of progression.

This is why I want to suggest considering a two awakened raids per week model, where each week the raid rotates that has been in the pool for 2 weeks.

Example:

Week 1

Amidrassil - Awakended Raid
Abberus - Raid
Vault of the Incarnetes Raid

Week 2

Amidrassil - Awakended Raid
Abberus - Raid
Vault of the Incarnetes Awakended Raid

Week 3

Amidrassil - Raid
Abberus - Awakended Raid
Vault of the Incarnetes Awakended Raid

This way, raid teams don’t need to feel stressed out to make it to a certain boss in one week and can choose on their pace if they want to hit the second raid in this week.

2 Likes

I’d love Blizzard to tell us what the actual plan for the raid rotation is instead of us having to speculate!

The problem with having 3 raid tiers open at once is people will always want loot from different raids than other people which I think is what Blizzard tried to address with only having 1 open at a time on weekly rotation. But like you said that can make progress feel a bit more disjointed with having to wait 3 weeks each time to get back to a progress boss. BUT I do think it being on rotation is the best way to handle this and the dinar system goes part of the way to let people target specific loot from raids, but they need to make it feel less “bad” when you spend dinars you get from a few weeks of farming on one piece of loot, and then you get that loot drop that week.

1 Like

Yea it doesn’t feel great to switch which bosses you can progress each week for guilds that will progress through mythic. But at the same time if the content is made easy enough as it should as a more fun season then it should be less of a problem in my opinion.

4 Likes

But all raids opened up after a few weeks as fated in Shadowlands, if I remember correctly. It was only the first few weeks the rotation was in place.