Retail at 2 million subs, classic will easily overtake it

They were that actively positive about the idea?! Please link!

Yeah i read that thread.
-It states that they sold 3.4 million copies in a single day, it doesn’t state anywhere on the internet that they only sold that many.
-It also assumes 50% of the playerbase uses weak aura’s.Which is massively unfeasible.

Heelsvsbabyfaces guesstimate is probably closer @ 1.9 million simply due to the fact it’s based off server stats, not an addon.

1 Like

There’s an entire megathread about it in general discussion.

Really isn’t that hard to use your brain… on one hand we recently got a leak that it was at 2 million on another BFA only sold 3.7 million copies so it dwindling down to 2 million lines up pretty well.

i was speaking logically but that still makes no sense to me.

why do people feel that the only way to make the game modern (which is opposite of the term authentic), is to use another game that isnt even remotely similar in comparison, as an example?

this is starting to get as toxic as the helf debate. ignoring blizzard’s own statements on it, being toxic toward anyone who echo’s those statements and then to top it off, the constant condescending attitude that- because they are retail players> automatically get what they want.

blizzard really needs to crack down on this toxicity. they have GD to talk about modern wow, changes etc- doesnt need to be brought over here where their (blizzard) design philosophy is key to its success.

its like walking into a gym where you KNOW 99% of them work out and then being a scumbag toward them about that fact and encouraging them to be fat and lazy.

Waaaaaaaah people disagree with me they’re toxic.

Nothing they said was “toxic” not agreeing with you is just called debacle not this violent incident that needs to be controlled.

oh, well, you showed me. not toxic at all.

:wine_glass:

logically written post> replies with the above

1 Like

:thinking:

Im just tired of people screaming toxic vs. Anything that disagrees or criticizes them.

You can be playing this game, asking why people are fighting on roads and you’ll have that rando crying that your question was toxic… it has gotten really old how people throw the phrase around wily nily.

I don’t know about “easily overtaking it” but if it overtakes it or even vaguely competes with it sub wise I would consider that really impressive for a 15 year old game.

1 Like

Really impressive for Classic, or really unimpressive for Modern. Depends on the angle you look at it from.

They’ve always had a strong legal leg to stand on, that’s why servers were never based in countries that were easy for them to take legal action against. The private servers that exist now are not going away just because of a “stronger leg to stand on” legally.

Blizzard Entertainment has 37 million monthly active users, according to a recent quarterly report. That’s 37 million people playing games on the launcher, and I don’t know if that even includes the people playing CoD on the Bnet launcher, because CoD is an Activision game and those players probably aren’t considered Blizzard monthly active users.

If only 1% of the people playing Blizzard games on bnet decide to check out classic at launch, it will have at least ~370,000 players at launch. Basically you’re saying that only just over .25%, or only slightly more than 1 out of every 400 people using the launcher, will try classic at release, and that’s not even considering any new players or players coming back. Yeah, sorry, you’re way off base, and I’d really love to hear your logic.

Also, OP, if that tool scraping data off of NA and EU indicates 2 million, you need to understand that doesn’t include China, South Korea, South America, and probably Russia + several other countries. Just the addition of China alone will more than double that figure, and the other countries will add another million or more.

Those “server stats” are in turn based on checking auction houses, then just looking at the guilds those auction house posters are in. It’s not exactly collecting 100% accurate data, nor does it track how many people are subscribed just how many people are active, posting on the AH or are in a guild with someone who is.

Lol at those who took this for anything but a troll comment.

My ‘out of my nether regions’ educated guesstimate tells me that retail North America subs are sub 1 mil, or right at. The rest of this post, furthermore is even further outflow from my backside reasoning.

I think classic will surpass that very easily at first. I don’t care what game you’re playing, what genre you prefer, or that it’s 2019 and the old WoW graphics suck. Vanilla checks a lot of boxes for people in general, whether they know it or not. That’s why you had a MASSIVE amount of people that never even had played a proper MMORPG before and somehow landed in old WoW. That’s what happened to me.

That’s not going to change. The way Vanilla was built, at its foundation, really really…REALLY draws people in. Completely different from retail…and retail is not even built that way.

My point is, I think Classic will easily surpass retail for ‘active people playing’, but as the months pass it will probably trade blows back and forth with retail. It will probably stay high and stable for a few years with a slow and steady decline but teeter out with a solid plateau after 2 y, because of the dedicated fan base.

My prediction is, you won’t have a problem for the first few years of feeling like the game is anything less than vibrant. After? Who knows…there’s only so many geared , veteran, 60s that can help glue your PUG or small guild together for raid runs before they move on.

cuts out the majority of my comment

acts confused

:+1:

except the difference is- that there is a HUGE sign that says people are fighting on roads and it can even explain in detail as to WHY.

the question is toxic when it purposely is made to flame.

let me explain it like this; blizzard has an entire panel at blizzcon, answering all the questions that people STILL ask- giving definite answers. they also have a Q&A, answering all the questions that people STILL ask

but pointing the above fact out- makes us hostile etc etc

aka they are asked to purposely flame people aka be toxic.

is flying going to be in classic? (as if that isnt obvious, since it didnt get included until BC aka purposely being asinine)
gets told NO, because blizzard said so at blizzcon
rages on like a flaming monkey about ‘being hostile, negative, not open minded’

so is telling the truth, toxic or your blatant trolling and attitude?
guess which one the TOS determines is trolling?

As much as I love Classic, I don’t think it’ll overtake current wow…and I’ve been unsubbed for a few months now. I think classic will start with 1-2mil players and the number will dwindle down to 200-300k across all servers ( 500k max) , these will be the people that actually enjoy the game and will stick around for a while probably. Ofc, I hope I’m wrong and that it ends up being much higher than I predict, but I’m just trying to be realistic here. People are allowed to enjoy whatever game they want, but tbh we’re probably a minority here. No matter how bad we think the current game is.

1 Like

I didn’t need to quote your wall of text to make a point. You called for Blizzard to crack down on toxicity and it took me ten seconds to find a post from you that Blizzard would definitely consider toxic and against the CoC.

you consider two phrases, of which was cherry picked and the context removed, as ‘toxic’?

im pretty sure the TOS or CoC, cant be manipulated. but hey, if thats what you actually believe- have at it.