Ret Rework PVP Results

Hello paladins! We achieved our results with the rework, making Ret a slow juggernaut. Unfortunately that means that Ret is overperforming in low end PVP, so we’ll be nerfing damage by 30% and removing Divine Protection again.
The other classes that are overperforming in low end PVP will stay as is, except for Rogue specs, which we will buff.

Oh, sorry, it seems I’m a few days early, nevermind, carry on.

8 Likes

The only way ret loses is if they are against better rets.

Don’t worry, there either won’t be any specs other than ret playing, or rets will all be 3K+

Either way the ladder will turn out just fine (with the exception of all rets being far higher rating than they should be)

Not all. Many, sure, however those that suck at playing won’t make it much further.

1 Like

Ret’s current design will push Rets up automatically since the current design philosphy is completely anti-unexperiencied players. If the core triangle is mobility, tankness and damage, for example, DH and Warriors have mobility and damage, while Ret is supposed to be durable and have good damage, but with poor mobility. This is the bane of the existence of players who just want to charge and burst and see something happen. Blizz, historically, doesn’t like to let Ret get away with this. Other classes have been allowed to be great in low end pvp, but not Ret. This is also why we’ll see endless crying too regardless if Ret is in a good spot or overpowered, or slightly undertuned.

3 Likes

ummm what? this is just nonsense XD

So is defending the state of ret in PvP right now.

maybe instead of crying look at real stats and you aren’t one to talk as an eli shaman lol

2 Likes

Making dusk and dawn stack when you want to tune down dmg modifiers still makes no sense to me.

2 Likes

True, the damage stacking is still kinda high. If they lowered it they’d have to compensate it with more sustain though. I think I’d enjoy that, actually.

Lets do that!

https://wowarenalogs.com/stats?tab=spec-stats&bracket=Rated%20Solo%20Shuffle&sortKey=winRate&minRating=0&maxRating=4999&trendChartSpecs=&trendChartStat=representation

that is for now and ret paladins are at 52.8% win rate. Lets see what happens over the weekend shall we?

Keep in mind this is the last 14 days, so it is getting most of the representation from before the ret rework. Was ret at the top of the list before 10.0.7? No, it absolutely was not.

We will see how much this changes over the next week or so. Bookmark it and check back.

I love data. Almost as much as I love being a ret main in PVP right now!

Want to look at some more data?

https://wowarenalogs.com/search just look at all the SS games happening right now. the only time a ret loses, is if a ret is on the other team…

1 Like

you are looking at old logs dude lol and clearly you haven’t been doing high ranking Ret isn’t doing much at all

Do you realize how much worse that looks then? That is for the last 14 days.

Imagine how bad the numbers are in order to rocket ret to the top in just a few of those 14 days.

Just watch the charts over the next week and you’ll see.

once again clearly you haven’t been doing any high ranked play XD and you are not even geared so ya some full geared ret is going to destroy you but so would any other fully geared dps

And you are right, I haven’t been playing at high ratings, I am levelling my new ret main.

I was playing mostly on my lock, not this shaman.

Just curious, what do you mean by “high ratings”?

past 1800 at least lol and look you are complain but then jumping on the flavor of the month toon smh troll at best

hmm, looks like I am not alone here…

3 Likes

hmm looks like you cry babies won yet again XD blizzards always seems to listen to the worst players haha

They actually said ret was heavily overperforming in PVP

Heavily

Crybabies indeed…

1 Like

I can say dumb things like that too doesn’t make it true blizzard obvi doesn’t actually pay attention to what is really happening they see what the man children streamers are saying and do there bidding soooo ya crybabies

1 Like

Its not even the people crying in forums is more of streamers happened, cant run from rpm meta lol

Now im waiting for 10.1 and the cry that will make them roll back on CC changes because certain rogue doesnt like that he wont be able to sap out of poly/blind anymore