Ret Paladins?

Are ret paladin players out to prove something? I’m not one to tell others how to play, but I see specifically ret paladins being a problem.

I understand their rotation is pretty much burst everything then autoattack. So, they try to pull with it (pulling ahead of the tank) to be on top of the meters. But, end up just being a problem.

If the healer says brb 30 sec, they say go I’ll heal. If you can heal, then join as a healer, or emergency heal.

Being serious here. Ret pallies, what is your thought process? What I describe is the common, not exception in my experience.

What has not been proved or disproved now that has not already been proved or disproved 15 years ago.

What matters to me are that they if in PVP use freedom, cleanse, sac, and so on. Those are what matter in most situations because of the wicked fast pace of PVP.

4 Likes

We had 3 ret pallies at our last C’thun kill. What’s the problem?

5 Likes

Talking about pve, I don’t pvp.

@Raremob The issues I mentioned in my post. I should have said this was grouping, not raiding. But, it doesn’t mean just do whatever.

Basically I want to know if this is very common now? Should I only group with heal or tank paladins, and avoid rets? I’d rather clear slower, than deal with what I described.

Ret pals can generate enough dps to clear any fight in the game who cares

If they wanna heal in a pinch how is that bad lul

5 Likes

Prove something? No.

We just like to play music with sick beats and hitting stuff. Ret palys are having the most fun in the game

4 Likes

Some of them are, as they’ve made a name for themselves over the past decade on many different forums. I’ve seen Theloras’ posts about it since Feenix.

To those saying how capable they are, I’m not saying they can’t dps. I’m talking about the player personality of trying to do every role at once, and not having a chill setting. I think from the zealous answers defending them, I got the answer. Thank you.

Nope. I play a deep prot build Warrior who only wears cloth and staves, as a DPS.

It’s a playstyle. I have nothing to prove.

2 Likes

Gear choice doesn’t really affect anyone but you, after you obtain it. As a dps warrior with cloth and staves, do you pull ahead of the tank, try to bandage to heal while the healer said brb, and taunt when not an emergency?

You guys can’t be really picky on Skeram now lol, since you are the only Ally guild on the server.

we got 2 full groups thou that both clear aq40 easily, true we can’t be picky but at the same time we really don’t care about spec

1 Like

I use bandages. I have never pulled threat ahead of any tank with my setup :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ret turned out to actually be pretty damn good in Wpvp and duels. Fairly okay in BGS not premades though.

Ret still dog sheet in pve tho

2 Likes

DPS values needed are kinda low, I cant see any place in Classic WoW where you could not bring 5 meme builds and still have a very easy time of it.

Really the only reason why you might need maxed out builds is if you are trying to do content you dont have the gear for, or because your group is just lacking a lot of skill and so make up for that by over gearing the content with max build

Why? Packs go down so damn fast anyway.

Look, I loathe the burn-everything-down gogogogo retail mentality, but it’s the norm. So, who cares if rets pull early? They wear plate and have Divine Shield. Don’t worry about them, just follow-up and burn stuff down.

What a silly sentiment. They’re not offering to take over healing for the rest of the dungeon, just for a pull or two, to keep things moving. How is that not a good thing?

This topic is weird.

On a related note, as a Holy paladin I am having a terrible time trying to find groups at 60. Seems that everyone rolled a healer and so DPS is in greater demand, actually. I’m seriously considering going back to Ret.

1 Like

Ret paladins are a meme spec with not strengths outside of putting on healing gear to hide that they forgot to respec for raid night. Even in PvP, a ret is just a healer with a 2h weapon; they’re never a threat and no serious premade takes a paladin so they can do meager burst damage rather than heal and spam utility on the real dps.

If a paladin has dreams of swinging a 2h weapon around and killing things left and right, then they can pocket heal a warrior and live vicariously through them.

1 Like

Or they can get some gear, then spec Ret-Reckoning and crush your dreams.

It’s not too hard to understand.

Every single paladin NPC in the game except 1 or 2 is ret, and those tiny few who are not ret, are prot.

What is your question, exactly?

It’s not really our fault blizzard designed the spec wrong.

This is true in all lore from Warcraft 2 up until shadowlands.

There are, and have never been, even one single holy paladin npc that wears cloth.

Class lore, man. Class lore.

1 Like

Maybe some clothie in pre-bis, but not my dreams.