Ret Paladins, How viable will they be?

Any time someone mentions Bonereaver’s Edge you get my +1. That was such an awesome weapon.

1 Like

yea most guilds prio Bonereavers for Warriors and Sulfuras for Paladins - which is a fair tradeoff

1 Like

You must be trolling because you can’t be that brain dead? My oldest achievement is actually from 12/10/08 about a month after they were put into the game, keep making stuff up idiot. No one has Achievements predating the implantation of achievements you ape. So you thinking someone has vanilla achievements just shows how stupid you are. I stopped playing regularly in 2006- 2008 because it was my last years in college and I had life ish to do.

Yeah too bad my shoulders have an enchant on them that you couldn’t even get when the BMAH was added. So there goes that dumb theory you came up with. Who the F would be that pathetic to lie about obtaining Teir 3 gear. My guild was Nerve the Leaders were some douchebag named Popsicles and my dude Naura, My character was named Cinque at the time and i was literally the only Orc warlock with T3 shoulders on my server… Like i said the fact that the raid history doesn’t even have a tab for vanilla Naxx should be enough for you to understand how idiotic the point you just tried to make is.

My credibility has nothing to do with my raiding history. My words are very easy to understand and your pathetic conspiracy theories won’t change the fact that all the points I’ve made in this thread just come down to common sense.

Even back in the glory days of Classic, I got into plenty of 20 man raids as Ret. Even as a 14/15 year old kid who didn’t know jack about how to play the game. I’m sure there will be people willing to take a Ret Paladin as long as you’re willing to keep your buffs active and do what the group needs you to do (off-healing is a nice bonus and it makes people love you)

I wish there was a way to tag Esfand to this post…

??

You must be trolling.

You were so focused on insulting me that you failed to notice you completely undermined your ability to discuss the viability of ret paladins raiding.

You apparently harbor a desperate need for your words to be taken at face value that you raided on this warlock during vanilla.

Well…congratulations! You’ve succeeded not only in “proving” that you raided on horde side during vanilla but also, according to your own words, you’re wholly unqualified to argue this with someone who was a paladin in vanilla. You can’t even speak to the issue as a member of the raid!

Hey. Let’s keep it PG.

Perfectly viable up to level 59 I hear :sunglasses:

Esfand has stated on his stream that while Ret are viable, he admits it requires more work than pures for respectable numbers.

This is pretty much what we hear repeated from other hybrid dps theorycrafters and testers.

Paladins get to be lazy in Classic, they’re giving them 1.12 meaning they get the 1.12 long duration blessings.

Shhhhhh!!!

If all Paladins have to do for phat loots is show up and cast buffs, then they have it made compared to most other classes in terms of raid effort.

Ironically, people would rather have a lazy single button spammer in the back than someone going full tilt next to a fury warrior.

“people would rather have a lazy single button spamm[ing] top heals in the back than someone going full tilt next to a fury warrior at 2/3 dps of any other damage dealer.”

True there is that hope, but I saw recently a pole on what classes people planned to play and Paladin was near the top.

My hope to play paladin and be one of a very small hand full of paladin players is out the window.

However I could play a shaman and afford this luxury because it’s the bottom of the list.

You’ll gain more dps bringing a real dps than bringing a ret for the sole purpose of nightfall.

Yeah no trust me most of those people will drop paladin when they realize they can’t tank or do pure DPS.

You’re fine man.

Hahah talk about moving the goal post, You are such a troll. It’s 100% confirmed at this point that you are completely clueless and lack a basic understanding of this game base on the nonsense you previously posted.

Nothing you have typed to me has been accurate or relevant to me or the argument I have made in this thread. Every time you post at me you have said something that is just completely false and inaccurate. Then you have the nerve to say I have no credibility. This is beyond laughable.

If you had even the slightest clue you would know that my faction is irrelevant to the point I was making and at no point did i imply I was alliance. This was always about competent players vs trash players and how difficult it is to fill a 40 man raid with good players. You are so dumb that I’m not even convinced you able to understand the point I was making in the first place which is in itself hilarious.

Once again all you have done is proven that you don’t know what you are even talking about and can’t even follow a simple conversation. Thanks for the laugh

You’d actually to some degree be surprised Warriors and Rogues in particular wouldn’t mind having a Ret if only because less competition for gear as the Ret generally is under the impression if they aren’t Spelladin that they are lowest priority on gear drops.

But yeah no another DPS would be nice but hey that’s if the guild is really that tryhard minmaxing which is what we are trying to avoid here.

nope - not with a raid group with a good amount of caster dps and a Retribution Paladin swinging Nightfall with ~40% debuff uptime

spoiler alert - casters love Nightfall

1 Like

I haven’t changed the goal post…not even an inch.

I asked you why you and another horde toon were so adamant about arguing with an alliance paladin about paladin raiding viability when your profiles don’t appear to support you having any direct knowledge of the topic.

You haven’t done anything other than insulting me and try to prove that you were raiding on your horde, which doesn’t do anything other than support my point that you literally were not there and cannot possibly offer any advice on the topic with any reasonable accuracy.

In fact, if anyone has moved the goal posts it’d be you when you said that you aren’t even talking about pally raid viability (the topic of this thread) and instead are talking about something wholly off-topic to the rest of us.

I find it strange, but amusing, that when you succeed in making the point you think you’re trying to, you end up demonstrating how little we should pay attention to what you’re saying since you: 1) weren’t actually doing the content under discussion and 2) aren’t even talking about the same issue we all are in this thread.