Ret Paladins, How viable will they be?

if your holy pallies aren’t keeping up light and wisdom they’re doing it wrong.

Wait so we aren’t even arguing viability we’re just arguing what’s better

Gtfo of this thread man literally talking about if Ret is viable which it is and people did play it over Holy Pally.

I don’t think I’ve ever stated otherwise.

I’m not worried about naxx geared raids clearing MC, that is presumably 1.5 years away after launch. MC bosses will not be dying in 30 seconds during P1. Even on pservers they take anywhere from 1.5-5 minutes, depending on the boss. Classic is likely going to be a bit harder than pservers as well. We already know that pservers were way off on parry, dodge was off a bit as well. I think hit cap was also off, didn’t dig into that one yet. And then there is the black lotus spawn rate difference, guilds will find it harder to fully flask in classic.

More than likely, you will be using multiple MCPs on atleast a few fights in MC at the start. As far as trash goes, I know, and it shows. While trash may not be important, it does need to be cleared, and getting carried through trash is just another of many arguments against hybrids imo.

If you want to play a holy paladin, play a paladin.
If you want to play Ret or Prot, play a warrior.

Watching all the strugglebunnies trying in Beta, it really is that simple. Sorry in advance if it takes you leveling a wrong paladin to L60 to find this out.

Pservers statistically made the bosses harder actually.

1 Like

It’s not viable though. You won’t find a ret in a single good-highend guild. I’m sure you’ll see them in casual mediocre guilds but you also have to remember what the meta of all games right now is - Min/maxing. A ret is not a min/max spec, it doesn’t bring anything that can be fulfilled in a better manner.

Nobody here is talking about highend raiding look at this thread and read it most people have been focusing on casual raiding.

I touched on both casual and highend raiding in my post. You’re best shot is a low end casual guild. If you look at the all pserver data out there, hundreds of guilds. Yet only a very very small % had rets. Mainly esfands guild, because he had to go make a guild to get rets raiding. Nobody else would bring them.

Pservers are hardly a good statistic considering Classic will have 4x the amount of people playing said servers.

Anyone who is min/maxing outside of topend raiding might as well be a laughing stock.

1 Like

Without pservers we wouldn’t have classic…so if they’re not a good source of statistics then I’m really confused with what blizzard is doing.

In terms of raids and guilds yeah no they aren’t when your playerbase is gonna be far well beyond just and being generous 5k players.

Maybe I worded that badly but I was referring to Guild Raid groups.

To compensate for them being easier. Don’t get me wrong, we know more and better now than we did 15 years ago. But like I said, pservers got some stuff wrong. We just found out they were off on boss parry by 9%, and dodge by 1%, also off on hit cap. That is likely to have a huge impact on raids.

While it hasn’t been confirmed yet, it is also suspected that they got debuffs wrong as well. Many people seem to think that bosses take more damage than they should be able to due to debuffs being calculated wrong.

Time will tell.

All I’m saying is, play what you enjoy. However, don’t get upset when raids don’t bring rets, or boomkins, enhance, ele…

1 Like

'Lot won’t a lot will.

It really depends on what you aim for and what guild you decide to raid in, or god knows.

You form a PUG raid. (These were a thing.)

Salvation and kings are a thing too.

I don’t understand all the people talking about balance in here. Vanilla was exactly as the game should have been. You mean to tell me that the class that was the best healer in pvp, arguably best healer in pve due to never going oom and utility, can survive ganks in wpvp, has free mount, should also be a top tier dps? …

This was balanced. Why should every class exceed at everything. The Pali brought exactly what it needed freedom, bops, heals, buffs etc.

Let people play what they want. If he wants to ret, ret on brother there will be hundreds of guilds all struggling to get 40 people to show up two nights a week with proper enchants, consumes, and not stand in the fire. You will be fine even middle of the pack. Try spelladin or just swing the damn nightfall, off heal, rebuff, and be a great team player. And if try hard losers don’t want you in their guild then ask yourself do you really want to play with those kind of people anyways?

1 Like

Until Legion you have zero raid progression on record except for one LFR in MoP and Firelands heroic from Cata.

The first achievement you have on record is Jan 09, which is during the same time frame of the WoTLK launch (Nov 08) and yearly holiday sale.

You’re also bragging about T3 shoulders and gloves that can be purchased from the BMAH.

Color me unimpressed with your vanilla “creds”

Your caustic attitude continues to undermine any other remaining credibility you might otherwise lay claim to.

Probably because no one raids with askandi and the blood drinker is only good for a ret paladin. That scenario is not common practice and will not be streamline in classic. 2h warriors are better on horde, so those enhancement shamans are gonna be real disappointing

incorrect - you want BOTH swinging Nightfall or ideally 3 people to get upwards of ~85% debuff uptime - the OT Warrior can only get around 30% uptime on their own

1 Like

some alliance Fury Warriors ran 2h Slam spec - obviously not as good as for the Horde without Windfury totem - but it is doable for Alliance Warriors if they have either Bonereavers or Ashkhandi

speaking of which - do you have any idea how many guilds died/fell apart over the drama of who to give 2h DPS weapons to?

I was able to get them all when they dropped first because I earned the respect of the entire guild and officer core/loot council - that’s all I’m saying.

1 Like