Ret Paladins, How viable will they be?

They why does a warrior get to be best tank and best dps, when it’s a hybrid, too?

Eh, I don’t pay their subscription fee.

DPS warriors actually lose benefits for slotting their 15 or so points in Prot the reason they have to is incase one of the Tanks dies and their needs to be a replacement.

Back in the day Arms Warriors would legit not do this and get kicked out of raids because they want to maxamize their damage output instead of wasting talent points in stuff they don’t need.

Or they would just get yelled at because the raid couldn’t afford to lose someone.

PvE Arms Warriors will simply not exist come Classic - they will be kicked from their guilds/raids when the first Mortal Strike debuff is seen applied on a raid mob or boss…

1 Like

I wanna say you’re joking but you honestly aren’t.

This will happen.

EDIT: Someone make a thread for Arm’s Warriors and how to survive in the face of the Fury Meta.

2 Likes

yep - if you think a Retribution Paladin or Spelladin will get screamed at for going against the grain - just wait till the first PvE Arms Warrior rolls in and puts up Mortal Strike in a raid lol

1 Like

Greatest insult would be if something like Obsidian drops in MC and the Guild Lead actually gives it to the Ret because Arms put Mortal Strike up.

“Yeah alright Blade dropped it’s mine right.”

“No fam, Johnny’s getting it, you put f**king Mortal Strike debuff up.”

" D: "

2 Likes

top meet kek indeed!

To be fair it’s not that bad if they’re horde with WF totem. It’s not as good as a fury warrior with WF totem but it’s not the worst .The debuff slot getting taken up is the worst of it all.

Buff us and sit down

no it actually is - cuz 2h Fury with Slam spec is legit DPS alternative to dual wielding due to windfury

especially with weapons like Bonereaver’s Edge and its armour penetration proc which stacks x3

Bonereaver’s Edge
Item Level 77
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand Sword
206 - 310 Damage Speed 3.40
(75.88 damage per second)
+16 Stamina
Durability 120 / 120
Requires Level 60
Chance on hit: [Your attacks ignore 700 of your enemies’ armor for 10 sec. This effect stacks up to 3 times.]
Equip: [Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.]
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=17076/bonereavers-edge

this is legit BiS 2h Fury Slam weapon Horde side when paired with Windfury totem

sorry I’m too busy stealing your cloth spell dmg gear - kthxbai

1 Like

Forgotten about this. I remember it mainly as a TBC spec weirdly enough.

1 Like

lol best of luck… if you beat a pure dps class they should be embarrassed.

1 Like

I forgot about 2h Fury Slam spec…

Yeah this is what I miss about the game these odd things you just don’t see nowadays.

1 Like

I’ll buff you but I’m also running in to auto-attack with Nightfall, if you need the heal I’ll provide as well.

Wait no I won’t you filthy hordie.

Ret isn’t good in pvp or pve.

This is the unfortunate part of classic, there will be spec’s that aren’t viable at all. However, doesn’t mean you can’t play it and still have fun. Just don’t expect to be top dog.

Ret’s fine in PvE it just isn’t meant to be played like a Pure DPS.

Also fixed.

they bring nothing to a raid aside from buffs that a holy pally brings. An OT swinging nightfall is worth more for that spot.

Judging wisdom can help out the mana users. And those buffs are pretty awesome.