Ret Paladins, How viable will they be?

There is a mage wand spec?

Which is why you avoid a tryhard minmaxing guild or top-end raiding.

I could be misremembering but I think Arcane talent tree had a Wand talent that increase their damage.

I remember this being thing I’m just wondering if I got the right class.

In the arcane tree, they do have a talent to increase their wand damage.

I’m being facetious.

“Ret” is the entire talent tree. There is no “wand” talent tree for mages.

Seal/Judgement of Righteousness says hello Mr. IKnowEverythingAboutPaladins…

Nightfall duty isn’t all we can do either btw - as our theory crafting on the beta has proven correct

1 Like

if you want to be serious, ret paladins do about 2/5 the dps of a good dps class (warrior/rogue/mage/warlock) in naxx. and roughly half to 2/3 of equally geared dps classes in mc, bwl, and aq40. The majority of “ret paladins” are people who raid as holy and pick up offspec gear to have fun pvp’ing in their time off.

So what? Did you think prot warriors tanked WSG?

Oh because he’s a streamer, and streamers are evil right?

no i have nothing against streamers - but he is a joke for many many other reasons…

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/bre15a/greatest_hits_from_week_1_of_the_classic_beta/

The amount of Ire that is generated when someone brings up Retribution Paladins in regards to Classic wow is absolutely mind boggling.

I think Streamers might get more love on this forum.

it is part of the fun I have to admit lol and of course…

1 Like

That is the very definition of viable. Does the boss fall over? Congrats, whatever it is you are doing is viable.

2 Likes

We won’t know judgements can proc until its tested on the beta or live. Just because we remember something happening or pservers had something a certain way. Several things on beta have been different than peoples memory or pservers.

Regardless of what is tested, a class that relies on 2h swing timers w/o 100% proc rate on command will be sub-par dps.

At the same time a warrior can spam hamstring for minimal rage and have a much higher uptime on nightfall.

i think the only difference is that with the 1 ret you can keep that mana debuff up as well as the nightfall proc.

You don’t know how rage works dude.

All the guilds I’ve raided in holy pallies have no issue keeping up light/wisdom since they have “Lasting Judgement”, therefore it lasts much longer.

If you spec “deep holy” you can indeed get that talent. But if you have Ret Paladin(s), they don’t need it.

HAHAHA you say you aren’t doing something then immediately proceed to contradict yourself. Honestly WTF dude are you really that dense? Originally it was that I never raided in vanilla and once you failed with that point it changed to that I wasn’t alliance. You literally are moving the goal post to try and keep your argument relevant. The more you type the more stupid it gets. Whether I played Horde or Alliance isn’t irrelevant to the argument I’ve been making from the start.

wow dude…My words are there for you to read. My point has always been that being a competent player is all that matters in vanilla and that bringing a competent Ret pally would be more beneficial than bringing a trash player of any other spec. also that competent players are difficult to come by. This is just common sense. This philosophy works for all classes and both factions, how this is so difficult for you to grasp is beyond me.

This is getting ridiculous at this point, you aren’t even able to follow the conversation. You are either being dishonest or are unable to comprehend a simple concept. You can go back through every post I made in this thread and you will see how wrong you are when you are unable to quote anything that backs up what you are claiming. My point here has been consistent from the start. You are Trash at not only basic comprehension of this game, but also basic comprehension of a simple common sense argument.

If you’re going for a strictly pve build where else would you put those talents? There is nothing beneficial to pve to get aside from Lasting Judgement. If you’re hybrid pve/pvp then ya sure, but strictly pve nothing better.