Ret Paladins Are A Burden

Or just put a shield on and stop griefing the other 9-14 players on your team.

People in this thread even admit that the best form of ret, is a ret in HEALING gear using their spells for utility. So obviously why not just be holy for the larger heals, and larger mana pool.

I will admit that having repent while playing as a holy paladin is really good, but having competent teammates that can lock people down and fullfill their roles (rogue, hunters) kinda nullifies it. It’s still really good for solo q wsg though if you like to pick flags and make plays.

I also do pvp on alliance still, just not as much time during my r14 grind on horde. I got a paladin with a ret and holy set but I always find myself 1000% more useful when healing reguardless of the gear I’m wearing honestly.

5 Likes

correct. you’ll have a few delusional ones in here insisting the sky is purple though, or trying to parade around their ‘top ret parse’, also known as a participation trophy.

5 Likes

98% of them are getting a carry in BGs and raids, it’s true. Its not really an issue with how easy raid content is though, they just shouldn’t expect gear prio. But the problem is more the player and the lack of understanding of the spec and how to gear for success, plus the no-life grind of getting the bis gear to do it and farming monstrous amounts of consumes.

#whytheclassiccommunitysucks

#classicplayersarehypocrites

7 Likes

All parses are participation trophies

8 Likes

Horde are orc, shorter HoJ is not that useful when you are primarily healing and out of range.

IMP conc aura is pretty garbage in practice - the only kick/interupt that hurts paladins is Counterspell. Good paladins will be able to juke melee.

Bubble push into enemy lines with big burst on enemy shaman/healer is amazing if used correctly. A holy/prot specced paladin is a completely defensive role that will only be worse as damage and crit values continue to climb with further phases.

1 Like

Also I will admit there are chad ret Paladins, but it’s such a small minority. The majority are very subpar players playing a subpar spec, it may be fun to them but they literally near useless in the grand scheme.

1 Like

yes yes thats great, sorry you’re not getting the butt pats you hoped for as a ret.

For personal use, maybe. But remember that it applies to your entire party nearby. Including those casters which may not have anti-pushback talents available like paladins do. Improved conc makes a huge difference to their effectiveness in a team fight.

You don’t always get the luxury of canceling a heal and your target still surviving. Resisting 20% of all silence and giving 15% to your team his huge. Melee will literally ignore you once they realize your armor value is through the roof and you are blocking like crazy as well. Take it from a paladin who already finished the ranking grind. Not saying that your spec is bad but it’s much more focused on satisfying bursts that are pretty rare than it is a team play spec.

Some more than others. I suppose “the biggest loser” might have been a more apt description. Regardless though, ret in a raid is just selfishness being carried by those who gritted their teeth and took one some of the unpleasant, unfun jobs like tanking and healing, or the pure pve dps specs that cant pvp or farm or do anything outside of raid. Truth hurts.

Our raid is meme friendly. We have a Ret, Feral, Boomkin, and SPriest. The content is not hard where you need 40 people min/max everything to clear it. Our Ret is one of the Chads who shows up to every raid, brings consumes to make the best of his class, and parses well. Could another Warrior do the same and do more dps? Of course, but he’s enjoying the game the way he wants to play it and so are we.
In BGs it’s a little different. Good Rets seem to be rare and you don’t have MS like a Warrior would. They do still bring a lot of utility when played well.

6 Likes

you also get 5% parry and eye for an eye - both defensive talents.

And unless you’re running 3/8 t2 - the aura is still meh. Not to mention almost every group I run with has a pally specced exactly the way you’re talking about. 1 is enough.

It is useful to be able to peel for a fellow healer instead of being useless offensively.

Lol. I played vanilla wow and remember how awful ret was and if you wanted to see end game you had to be a healer. I’m just enjoying how several months ago I was called a troll for saying ret was awful in vanilla. While this entire community would say they weren’t bad and that they were a totally viable spec.

Now you find more and more post like this one. I don’t need a butt pat your comments alone make me chuckle. /told you so

1 Like

I cleared naxx in vanilla – you dont need to tell me anything, i’ve known since way back then. We had a paladin who constantly tried to sell ret to us, even back in vanilla. he tried to sell it again for classic. it was the same trash it always was. roasting rets since 2004.

4 Likes

There was a reason they called it lolret.

3 Likes

Its no coincidence that the people saying this are always dps classes.

Not true though. I play tank, healer, and dps. Healing is one of my favorites actually. I get to decide who lives and dies XD. If you don’t like a role, don’t play it.

1 Like

I’ve come to the conclusion that Rets are more of a mental burden. More specifically because the people that play them wear their mediocrity like a badge of honor, and I have to look at their smug gimped selves all raid long. Kind of like riding in the back seat with the elderly family dog pissing on himself and contaminating your air, but you didn’t want to leave them at home because you’d feel bad.

1 Like

Yes we get it, you love playing devil advocate, everyone is very impressed.

1 Like